Tuesday, February 14, 2006

OK, I'm feeling a little white trash.
Logan's first outing was to Wal-Mart. Of all of the places we could have gone, we went to Wal-Mart. Logan, I'm sorry that it wasn't a more fun & interesting place. On Sunday when Bill got home, I told him that I needed him to watch Logan while I went to go & get him a Valentine's Day card. I'm still on "house arrest" even though I'm feeling the best I've ever felt in 10 months. I've wanted to go out & join the land of the free & living ever since we've been home from the hospital. The nurse that came over to do Logan's 3 day check up suggested that we wait until he is 4 weeks old before we take him out, due to cold & flu season. Unless I start to feel like a hermit (which I am. I've been a house hostage for 4 months now), then I can go on quick outings. Bill wasn't comfortable taking him out yet...until I needed him to watch Logan without me there.

Logan has become a little more fussy as the days go on. Bill has even named him "Mr. Fussy Fuss". Yes, Logan's father named him that. I hope it sticks so that when he's 16 & mad that he can't take the car or what not, I can call him "Mr. Fussy Fuss" & make him even more mad (what a terrible mother I am). Because he's become Mr. Fussy Fuss, it makes Bill really unsure of what to do to sooth him. So, when I mentioned that I needed to go & get a card, he quickly said, "Well, let's all go. We'll make a family outing out of it". I didn't care, as long as I could get out of the house.

I got Logan dressed in some warm clothes & bundled him up in the car seat. My original plan wasn't to go to Wal-Mart to get a card. They have a terrible selection. I wanted to go to Target or even make a longer trip to the Hallmark store. But, with Bill & Logan along (& Bill driving), we went to the closest store. Wal-Mart. Logan slept the whole time & didn't make a peep. It felt strange venturing out into the world again, but this time with our little baby in tow. Tomorrow we go to Logan's 2 week Doctors appointment. Maybe we'll be brave & go out for breakfast afterward. This time the outing should be a little more interesting & a little less white trash.

1 comment:

Reesh said...

Lily is getting fussier and fussier too! I am starting to think my breast milk is poisonous or something. I too feel like I am trapped in my house, especially cause she demands feedings every hour and half!! I'm told it only gets easier and better from here...