Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wow, I had no clue.
Everyone says that you do a lot of laundry when you have kids, but I didn't think that it would be this much. Other than feeling like a dairy cow, I also feel like I own a laundromat. Between his spitting up & leaky diapers, he goes through 4-5 different outfits (onesie & a sleeper or jumper), 7-8 burp cloths & 2-3 blankets a day. We like to call these "costume changes".

We noticed something funny about those costume changes too. We try to find the most simple, easy to put on & take off outfits. Forget about all of the cute clothes, like the 3 piece outfits, that we found at boutiques & other baby departments. We used to get so excited about finding those outfits too. It's all about being practical right now. My how priorities change. I'll get him dressed in those cute clothes soon, maybe when we have company or decide to venture out in 3-4 weeks (when his immune system is a little bit stronger). But for now, I'm keeping it to the basics. He still looks really cute though.

1 comment:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

I am so serious about the priorities changing--my friend gave us this wicked-cute bear outfit from Old Navy. D wore it ONCE because it was such a huge pain the butt to get on him! Several outfits I thought were ugly became my favorites because they were so easy to get on!

Did I read that you're using cloth diapers? What kind? That does add to the laundry, but heck, it's better than having to go to WalMart every 6 seconds!