Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It was bath day again today.
Logan is starting to like bath time now. He didn't like it so much in the beginning. I think it was because he was cold & he takes after his mom in liking really warm (but not too hot) baths. I try not to give him a bath every day because the air is so dry here at this time of year. He has been a little dry himself & baby lotion isn't helping too much. I found out about this awesome baby oil by Burts Bees. It's an apricot oil that makes Logan's skin really soft & it smells so good. He gets a baby massage with it after every bath. He loves it. He just grunts & looks up at me in his hooded towel. He's really cute.

At the request of Grandma, I got him dressed in an outfit that was a gift from a teacher that she works with (whom we have never met) so I could take a picture to include with the thank you card. It was very sweet of her to think of Logan & get him this outfit. However, this may be the one & only time that he wears it. I don't know who these people are designing baby clothes. I think they get a kick out of making our kids look like clowns, or as in this picture, some kind of baby pope. Logan looks content after having a bath, getting his smell good/feel good baby massage, a clean diaper & a warm blanket. I wonder if he knows how ridiculous he looks & if he'll give me hell about it when he's older & has a sense of style (because I know he'll be the best dressed kid in the neighborhood).

3 comments:

Avorie said...

I'd love to be able to give Lilly a massage and burt's bee's apricot oil (which I have, but have never used). The problem is that Hubby thinks that Lilly is so cold after a bath that he just wants me to dress her in 30 seconds and feed her so she warms up quickly.

I think it'll just take time. Eventually we'll make bathtime into a relaxing bedtime experience rather than a rush-rush necessity.

Kristin said...

Oh those new dads. Especially when they have a little girl :)

I cuddle with Logan all wrapped up in his towel before I give him his massage. It does get cold, but after that & the massage itself warms him right up.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

I think Logan looks presh in whatever he wears, pope hats and all!