Monday, February 13, 2006

There is a magical feeling that happens when a mother is holding her baby close.
I'm sure science can explain it by hormone releases & chemical reactions, but emotionally, it's magical. It's difficult to explain. I feel it most when Logan & I are tummy to tummy, skin to skin. But I feel it every time I hold him. There is a tingling sensation where it's almost like I can feel his soul & he can feel mine. It's amazing.

I had heard a bit of information on the addiction of touch a few years ago. It was about chemical reactions that happen when you touch someone you love. These reactions are almost like an addiction when processed in the brain. I definitely felt this when I would hold Bill's hand, or when we would hug & hold each other. I would feel a sensation of fullness where I would describe it as our souls becoming one. With Logan, this sensation is ten times stronger. This sensation isn't "our souls becoming one", but more like our souls are speaking to each other. It's on a completely different level.

My pregnancy, delivery & life with Logan is one of the most incredible, fulfilling times of my life. I can't believe there was ever a time where I was thinking about not having a baby. I'm glad that I snapped out of that one, because I couldn't imagine missing out on these experiences. The unconditional, unexplainable love that I have for this little baby makes up for all of the sickness, pain & discomforts of pregnancy & the challenges of life with a newborn. I have never felt love like this or have ever been so happy in all of my life. I have a wonderful husband & a cute little son. My life is feeling purposeful & complete. Finally.

No comments: