Tuesday, February 21, 2006


Logan had his first stroller ride this afternoon.
This morning when Bill got up to go to work, he gave us a kiss good-bye & mentioned how it was really nice outside. "I don't even need a jacket at 8 am. If it's that nice now, it should be a great day for a walk". This is coming from a guy that was born & raised in North Dakota. Last week when the nation was hit with that arctic blast, it was -45 degrees there. He is also prone to wear birkenstocks & shorts in the snow. I should've thought about that before I got ready to go out.

I looked out the window & thought that it looked nice enough to go out. The sun was shinning & the snow was melting. Looks can be deceiving. After getting Logan all bundled up & put on a few layers myself, we were out the door. I was no farther than the driveway when I realized what an idiot I am. It was freezing. I decided to keep going considering that it took forever to get us both ready & we might as well just stick it out. Logan did great. Actually, all he did was sleep. He didn't make a sound. I, on the other hand, did not do so well. When it comes to being cold, I am a pure bred wimp. My fingers were too cold to move. My face was numb & my ears were burning in the cold wind.

The sun may have been shinning, but there was a bitter cold wind that pierced through my hoodie. We walked over snow that was still on the sidewalk, testing out the all terrain capabilities of our new stroller. I love it. It's a smooth ride, easy to control & hey, if we want to walk over snow drifts, we can.

We got back & as soon as I could move my fingers to call Bill, I left him a message. "I don't know what your idea of "nice" is, but it is freaking cold outside. Logan was ok, but I can't move my face. Just to let you know. Thanks. I love you".

2 comments:

Avorie said...

Haha! Yeah, I won't take Lilly out in the cold either. We had a perfect 80 degree day last week and I was going to take her out, but really needed a nap. The next day the temperature dropped to a high of 27 degrees! It hasn't really rissen above 40. It seems that I missed my opportunity. Hopefully the warm weather will return soon!

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

I feel you, girl...we had an unseasonably warm winter last year--until D's birthday, and then it snowed buckets and the temps dropped to the teens. But they do amazingly well in the cold, don't they? He certainly seemed snug and happy, and hey, now you know your stroller works!