Tuesday, June 13, 2006

19 weeks old

As each day passes, Logan continues to learn something new or perfect something that he already started working on. Not only is he rolling all over the place, but he is trying his best to crawl early. He is scooting (albeit not far) by digging his toes into the carpet & pushing himself without the assistance of his arms. Today Bill & I watched him roll down the hallway & scoot around to take a look back at us (just to make sure we were still watching).

He is such a little smartie pants. He loves to hang out in his crib & he figured out that if he kicks the buttons on his mobile, he can turn it on. AND change the music. When he's supposed to be napping (like right now), I can hear him kicking the crap out of it. He'll kick & listen to one song for a minute & then kick as hard as he can to listen to the next. He is his fathers son. This is one of Bill's quirks that drives me nuts. He can't listen to a song in it's entirety. I tell him all of the time that he has music ADD. It looks like Logan does too.

Our bed time reading is a lot of fun. Logan is now the page turner. He helps me hold the book & turns the pages (usually at the wrong time, like when I'm right in the middle of a sentence). He cuddles up on my lap & looks at the pictures. We have a few texture books that he loves to feel & his favorite books are the thick sturdy kind. He can turn the pages easily with those. Then there are the sappy baby books (Love You Forever) that make me cry every single time, no matter how many times I've read them with him.

Speaking of sleep, last night was the first night Logan wasn't swaddled. And he went to sleep! After he rolls around for a bit & gets himself settled, he falls asleep on his side. I'm so happy that this worked out & I should've realized that I shouldn't think about this stuff so much. Somehow it all works itself out.

Tonight will be the first night that Logan takes a bath in the "big bath". He's outgrown his infant tub & he's getting longer by the second. He also thinks that bath time is like pool time. He splashes like a crazy man with his arms flailing all over & smacking down on top of the water. We have such a good time with me freaking out, "Stop splashing! You're getting me all wet! That's not nice! This isn't the swimming pool!" He stops & smiles a really big smile & then smacks his arms down again. Then we both giggle. He is too much fun. Bill suggested that Logan & I take a bath in the master bath & he could swim around. I mentioned how it wouldn't be that fun if he pooped in the tub while I was in there with him. Gross.

No comments: