Monday, June 19, 2006

We're about to leave for Logan's first vacation.
I'm getting the house clean & getting us packed up for tomorrow morning. We're flying up to North Dakota for Bill's family reunion. Bill hasn't been back in 10 years & I've never been. This will be interesting.

I'm really nervous about the flight. I'm not a flyer to begin with & I've actually been in tears on take off before. Then there was the time that I was on a business trip & we hit some really bad turbulence. I called Bill as fast as I could on the cell phone I wasn't supposed to be using at that time. So here I am. I'm supposed to be an adult, or at least "brave". Really, the last thing we need is two crying family members. I hope Logan does fine. It's only an hour & a half flight. He did great when we drove up to see Bill's sister & it took about the same amount of time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

When we get up there grandma is going to spoil Logan rotten. I think the minute we get off of the plane we're going straight into a shopping spree. It was kind of funny because this last weekend Bill & I bought Logan a shirt. Bill's mom calls, "Don't buy him anything else! I'm going to get him stocked up." I'm sure I'll need to bring an extra bag or even a suit case. Bill mentioned that if we don't have enough room, we'll have to mail it back. Wow. Gotta love the grandmas.

The first day that we'll be there Bill, Logan & I will go out for dinner with one of Bill's high school buddies. We'll meet up with his other best friend later in the week. I've heard so many stories (ones that Logan should never hear until he has graduated from high school). I'm sure it's going to be good for them to catch up & strange to see how much they've changed.

The rest of the week we're going to spend driving around. We'll drive out to the very small towns that Bill's parents grew up in. We'll see the family farm. They grow potatoes & corn, I think. We'll drive out to see Bill's grandma, who sadly, won't be around very much longer. He hasn't seen her since she came out for the wedding. At the end of the week we'll go to the family reunion.

It will be good to see where Bill & his family came from. I'll see where Bill built his disc golf course & where the town flooded. I'll meet friends & family that I've only known in stories. I'm sure everyone will think Logan is the cutest little baby ever (I'm trying not to freak out at the idea of everyone holding him & taking him hostage). Logan will even have a babysitter for a night while we go out for dinner with Bill's parents. That should be interesting as well. I'll have a ton of pictures & stories when we get back next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE flying! Our families lives in Maryland (we're in San Diego). We went back for a visit when our little one was almost 3 months old. I was so nervous but she did great! She slept the whole time (5 hours) both ways! Just remember to nurse him both during take-off and landing for his ears. Maybe that distraction will help calm your nerves. It did for me. I was so worried about her ears I didn't stop to think the plane had started moving!

Rachel said...

Good luck and have fun!

liz said...

Have a great trip. And I'll be looking for your post tellng the Internets how the flying went.
We're taking a family vacation in South Carolina next month, and it'll be Henry's first plane trip.

Jezer said...

Ah, that sounds like fun. Try not to stress over the plane ride too terribly much. The advice about nursing during takeoff and landing is great. Also, it will release some feel-good hormones that will hopefully soothe your nerves.

Have a wonderful trip.

Canadian Mommy said...

ooo! I hope you have fun!