Wednesday, June 07, 2006

At 18 weeks old, Logan goes on his first road trip

Yesterday we packed up what seemed like the entire house & drove up to Fort Collins for the day. We wanted to visit the family & check out the town. That & they really wanted to baby sit Logan for us too.

The drive up is about an hour & a half. Logan was awesome. He didn't cry at all. He did get a little fussy when we made a pit stop at Starbucks, but as soon as we were driving again, he went right back to sleep.

When we got to the house, I fed Logan & we all went out to lunch. It was warm, so we decided to eat outside on the patio. Logan had a great time being passed around the table. I also let him taste my lemon. He didn't make a sour face (although I don't know if his taste buds recognize sour tastes yet) but he likes it! So far he has tasted pineapple juice, butter, strawberry, potato, pretzel & now lemon. He's only tasted these foods, but I don't think feeding him solids is ever going to be a problem. After we had some great food, we left to go drive around town & check out different neighborhoods.

Logan was entertained by chewing on his Aunts fingers, to which she proclaimed that she loved it & was never going to wash her hands again. We drove around some lake side neighborhoods & looked at some houses that are on the market. We stopped to go shopping for baby clothes & I bought Logan a couple of cute summer outfits that should keep him cool. While I was looking through the racks, I had him in his car seat on the floor. A little girl, about 2 years old, came up to see him in his seat. She said "Hi" & he gave her a big smile. He's such a flirt! It was too cute.

We went back to the house & Logan played with his Aunt & Uncle. He really loves them, especially his Uncle! He was all smiles (giving his Uncle the biggest smiles I've ever seen) & laughed so hard at them. It was so much fun. This was the first time Bill heard him laugh out loud & boy, did he get a show. Logan must think his family is the coolest.

Logan stayed back with the family while Bill & I went out for our anniversary dinner. We went out for sushi (a celebratory tradition, as it's my favorite food in the whole world) & walked around Old Town. This is our kind of place. There are boutique lined streets, great places to eat, organic co-ops & big green trees every where. We stopped to get some home made ice cream before going back to the house. We had such a great time & Logan was on his best behavior. This place is nothing like where we live now. Now I don't care about selling the house. I want to pack it up & move tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a beautiful looking family and I'm so happy Logan laughed for everyone to hear! Poor Kira, every time she starts laughing, she gets the hiccups and ends up gagging!

Avorie said...

Wow, Logan looks just like his dad!

Rachel said...

It sounds like you guys had a great day. Logan is such a cutie!

Ashley said...

Logan really does look EXACTLY like his dad-although I'm sure you've never heard that before.

I'm glad that you guys are excited about the town you're moving to, that makes the transition so much easier.

Anonymous said...

I love Logan with his hat on! That has to be the cutest picture!

liz said...

What a beautiful family. I see both of you in Logan, but he sure does look like his Dad!
Love the video of him rolling!

Isabel said...

I can't get over how cute that little hat is!