Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Progress
Over the weekend, Logan wanted to try potty training some more. For a while, it was still just him requesting without any action behind it. But, we humored him anyway as tiring & annoying as it was.

Then,while in his Cars underwear, he began to wet himself & I jumped up from the couch as fast as my 6 month pregnant self could & rushed him to the bathroom. He was able to hold it until he got on the potty & HE PEED ON THE POTTY! By himself! Twice! We laughed & clapped & were all excited for him. He flushed, washed his hands & got two pieces of candy. We were very proud of him.

I think this is it. He can control his bladder enough to stop mid-stream & prevent himself from wetting his pants any further.

Yesterday, he had a cookie & was all cracked out on sugar, so no potty training that day. There was no getting him focused as he ran around in the backyard screaming at the top of his lungs for hours (I'm sure the neighbors just love us). This afternoon at our MOMS Club meeting, he asked me to go poop on the potty. Not taking him seriously, I told him he wasn't wearing underwear & we would go later. A friend sitting next to me who is having a difficult time potty training her three year old turned to me & said, "DON'T TELL HIM NO, GO TAKE HIM NOW". Point taken, so off to the bathroom we went. No poop, but at least we tried.

He didn't nap much this afternoon & I was flat out exhausted from being up since 5:00am, run ragged this morning for our schedule, so no potty training today. I think we'll spend all day on Saturday & Sunday seriously working on it. Hopefully he'll be day-trained by the beginning of next week!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Good Luck...And awesome that he ask to poop! Kelsie took forever to finally poop in the potty. I think she had some weird feeling about it. So whenever she had to poop she ran and got a pull up to do it in. I think it took a good couple of months peeing in the potty to finally poop.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY LATE ANNIVERSARY..AND YOU ARE RIGHT MARRIAGE ISN'T ALWAYS RAINBOWS...LOL POTTY TRAINING IS JUST TRICKY..ONCE YOU START IT FEELS LIKE IT TAKES FOREVER.GOOD LUCK...

Erin said...

The stopping mid stream is good, that's progress! Hailey got all that down before she was totally trained too. You are so lucky you can be home with him working on this, hopefully that will mean an easier time for you. With us, we had her totally trained and then the sitter got obsessed with cleaning the little potty (I know I became an absolute clean freak when I was pregnant too so I do understand why she did it) and she was spraying the potty with lysol and clorox spray and it was irritating Hailey's butt so bad it would bleed! So she asked us to put a diaper on her and completely quit using the potty. It's incredibly frustrating! And now we just can't get her back in the hang of it. I've been wondering if I should just put underwear on her like you are?? Maybe that would do it?? I don't know!! I'm clueless!!! :) Good luck!!!

Kristin said...

Erin, I would totally keep her in underwear (not that I'm a potty training expert or anything). I know it makes a big difference for Logan & it works even better than naked time. But, you do end up doing A LOT of laundry, so stock up!!! :)