Monday, June 30, 2008

Not. Again.
Yesterday morning Logan was out in the back yard while I was getting everything ready for us to go to the gym to train photographer friend (I've pretty much stopped lifting now & just walk for 45 minutes - more on that later this week). I could see him through the living room window as I packed up the backpack. Suddenly, I got "The Mommy Feeling", where I knew something wasn't right & he was getting into trouble.

I walked out in the back & ask him what he's doing. He points to his nose.

"NOT AGAIN!", I freak out. "WHAT DID YOU PUT IN YOUR NOSE THIS TIME!!!!??? YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT ANYTHING IN YOUR NOSE!!!!!". I tilt his head back & take a look.

"OH MY GOD! YOU HAVE A ROCK IN YOUR NOSE!"

I had no idea how I was going to get it out. There was no scraping this thing out with a bamboo skewer, no sucking it out with the nasal aspirator, no doing the "nose maneuver" because I was afraid that it would tear the inside of his nose. I thought I was going to have to call photographer friend to cancel our workout so I could take Logan in for an emergency visit to get a freakin' rock extracted from his nose.

I took Logan upstairs into his bathroom, yelling at him the whole time about putting things in his nose. I got the nasal aspirator just to clear out the snot so I could get a better view. While yelling at him, he was crying & began to cry hard enough that he started coughing & gagging. The force of one of his coughs made the rock explode out of his nose & it landed in my lap.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for making him cry so hard.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

OMG! A rock??!!? Wow...I just am at a loss for words...

Anonymous said...

I cannot understand the fascination with putting things in his nose. I just don't get it. Especially when it obviously hurts and he knows he's going to get into trouble.

Wouldn't it be great if they made screen guard type things, like they make for rain gutters, just for little boys' noses?

Anonymous said...

You have the patience of a saint! I have no idea how well I'd be handling that, probably not well at all actually. lol :\

Can't believe he's still doing it though - it's gotta hurt like hell when whatever it is finally gets extracted!

the nervous mom said...

ahhh the stories you will get to tease him with when he gets older. Make sure to do it in front of his friends when he's like 15. That'll be pretty hilarious (I hope!) LOL

James has a fascination with still putting everything in his mouth!!! Booger, his shoes, his entire hand.....I don't get it.

Elisabeth said...

There it is again...Supermom to the rescue! I have no idea what I'd do if Stink stuck anything up his nose, let alone a rock. I hope you have an obstructed nose-free holiday weekend!!

Jaime said...

*Comfort*

I told my husband about this and he asked if perhaps he might do it for attention? Just a guess.

I hope he stops soon.