Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Now all I need is a toque
Shortly after the holidays Bill announced that he was done cooking for the family. He was stuck in a rut & wasn't really into it anymore. After cooking for us for almost 10 years, he has now passed the torch on to me. I am more than happy to take on this responsibility & would have been the family cook a while ago, but Bill was still enjoying it. It was fun while it lasted.

Now the new year will bring us all sorts of delicious food. For the last few days I've been looking for recipes online, in my cookbooks & new food magazines. Needless to say, I'm very excited. I've found some really great things to try this week & I hope they all turn out. Tonight we're having turkey chili (where I had to make my own chili powder because it has garlic in it - had to make it without for Logan) & roasted root vegetables. For the rest of the week we're having: pasta with homemade tomato sauce (minus the garlic again), chicken tacos & chicken pomodoro. Yum!

My baking services have also been requested for Bill's dude's night out this week where I think I'm making the Molten Lava Cakes I made for us on New Year's Eve. They were awesome. I emailed him saying that if they were going to do potlucks, I would be more than happy to cater a few dishes if they were willing to chip in a few bucks to cover the cost of the ingredients. The New Year also brings the new & improved Cooking Club for MOMS Club. It used to be combined with another chapter, but they were total flakes & let it fall apart. Now it's exclusive to our chapter & we had 17 people sign up. So, now every month I'll get back into cooking & tasting parties & hopefully get back on the cooking competition wagon (& maybe actually win something this year).

It's a good thing I'm working out a ton & back to my gym rat lifestyle this month. Not like I'm going to be cooking unhealthy, fating crap anyway, but still. At least I don't have to worry about my pants not fitting & I won't feel guilty. And the most humorous aspect of me cooking like this & taking over the family meals...if it weren't for Bill's cooking in the beginning of our marriage, I would have starved to death. If he didn't cook, I ate whatever came out of a can. My how times have changed!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Fun! Michael and I always shared the cooking until I became a SAHM. Some how it all fell into my lap. Oh well! He cleans up which I hate 100 times worse:)

Jaime said...

Sounds fun. Jim does alot of the cooking so we share the task. =)