Why is it that when I'm pregnant, I take more medications than I do when I'm not pregnant? Isn't this supposed to be a time to lay off the pills? And, I'm only 5 weeks pregnant! How is this happening already?! I don't take medications to begin with. Bill always tells me, "Well, if you have a headache, go take a Tylenol", to which I respond by moaning & keeping myself firmly planted on the couch - sans pills.
Here's the lovely list of medicated conditions I'm already experiencing (& it makes me feel like a senior citizen to be falling apart like this):
- Hyperemesis - Zofran (this I have, but I'm waiting to take until I'm actually living in the bathroom due to insurance being difficult)
- Insomnia/late night nausea - Unisom
- Heartburn/acid reflux - Prilosec
- Constipation - Colace ( for when I start Zofran. TMI, but too bad. It is what it is & that's what happens when you take Zofran. Or when you're pregnant, for that matter)
- Headaches - Tylenol (I'm also holding off on this until my brain explodes because I don't want to take all of these medications)
- Prenatal - Duh (I'm calling this a medication because it tastes like HOT GARBAGE & it's almost too much to keep down)
Anyway, time to swallow the hot garbage pill, then my sleeping & heartburn pills. Good night.