Friday, January 19, 2007

Dad & his son
Logan absolutely loves his Dad. Every morning I get up earlier than Bill when Logan wakes up, ready to start his day. When Bill finally wakes up & decides to join the land of the living, Logan is so excited. He smiles so big & he is so happy to see his Dad.

It's very special to watch them play together. Bill teaches Logan how to play with his wooden puzzles, they wrestle & Bill plays "upside down baby" with him. The other night, Bill taught Logan how to tickle his feet. So now if he's hanging out on the couch, Logan will run up & tickle Bill's toes. It's adorable.

The most heart warming part of our day is when Bill comes home from work. If we're playing in the living room & Bill walks through the door, I say "Look! Daddy's Home!" Logan smiles his biggest smile & runs up to Bill with his arms up. He hugs his knees, then Bill scoops him up to give him a big hug & a kiss. It's the most wonderful display of affection.

Last night Bill & I were talking about how cute it is that Logan loves him so much. It means so much to him that he shares a special bond with his son. It's something that he never had as a son & wants to create that special relationship with Logan.

We talked about how this wouldn't have happened if we never moved & stayed in our new house. Bill would've been at work all of the time & missed out on creating that bond with Logan. "You know, it's worth it. Even if the house goes into foreclosure. If you're on your death bed, it's not like you look back & wish you had a better credit score." I said.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I;m glad Logan has a wonderful relationship w/ his dad that will only continue to grow stronger with time!

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

That is so great. I love how Logan runs up to his daddy when he comes from work. That made me misty eyed.LOL Ricky is looking forward to those days. But right now he gets the huge smiles and giggles when he walks in the door. Oh gosh, and when he leaves for work he gets so sad. :(
Ricky had a so-so relationship with his dad growing up. I, on the other hand, had no relationship with mine even though we lived in the same house (due to reasons even to this day I can't control). We were sorta close for a few years (the years I got to visit him in Oregon) and then now, nothing. So, seeing Ricky be so close with his son is a new thing for me to see...and so invaluable. Thank you for your post (as always..lol). =)

liz said...

That's so sweet...Henry does the same when Kris gets home.
And on the flip side, Kris says that that's the best part of his day.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

That's great! I'm so happy things have worked out for the guys to do a little bonding! :)

Jake Silver said...

I usually get up before my wife when I'm on Dayshift... when I'm on Mids (graveyard) I nap with my son during the day. Occassionally I watch him during the day if he doesn't want to nap and my wife needs to go somewhere. I'm very lucky to have an assignment where I can spend so much time with my son. Many in the military are not so lucky.