Saturday, January 13, 2007

Making the best of freezing temperatures
So yeah. It's been cold here. Not just cold, but COLD. Like the high is zero degrees. That cold. It's so cold that nobody is leaving their houses unless they have to. Good idea. I had to go to an appointment on Friday & got stuck in a two foot snow drift coming out of the driveway. Bill was not a happy camper having to dig me out when it was freakin' cold out.

Logan & I stayed in today while Bill ventured out to run some errands for us. It was good that we did stay in because Bills comment before leaving..."You know when it's so cold out, your boogers freeze? That's how it feels". I had to laugh. It made me think about the movie Dumb & Dumber. Logan has a bit of a runny nose & is teething pretty bad. His top right tooth erupted, his top left is on it's way out & the one next to that is swollen. I had to give him Tylenol this morning. I'm pretty conservative on the medications, so I know he's hurting when I break that stuff out. With him being in pain & the possibility of runny boogers freezing; it was a pajama day.

Bill came home with everything we needed, including hot chocolate. We're going to get the fire place going tonight, drink some delicious hot chocolate & try to stay warm.

***It's the last day of National Delurking week. If you haven't commented yet, you should!***

4 comments:

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Ahhh the boogers freezing comment has my belly sore from laughing!!!! LOL So great. And a day spent in the pajamas sounds really good. Considering how fast time flies, before you know it, it'll be spring!

Reesh said...

Not a lurker, but an avid reader and commenter and friend, but I haven't left a comment all week!!

I can't believe how freakin' cold it is there. I lived in Northern British Columbia for about 3 years too long and it used to get so cold there that I had to take my nose ring and earings out whenever I went outside otherwise they would freeze in my ears and cause excruciating pain. Cold weather sucks balls!

liz said...

I lived in Iowa for a while...and I remember a cold snap so cold that when you spit, the spit froze before hitting the ground.
It's freezing where you are, but it's in the 40s and 50s here. Which is RIDICULOUS, given that it's MID-JANUARY! GAH!
Who needs and excuse for a Pajama Day...enjoy!

Holly said...

I am a lurker I confess
I am a new mom with a sweet 3 month old boy who is SOOOOO strong. I think he and Logan would get a long quite well!
Anyways I enjoy reading about your first time SAHM expiriences as I am going through them too!

Holly