Friday, January 05, 2007

Not my favorite season
I hate winter. Really, I do. Granted, it can be beautiful with tree branches dusted in snow & how the snow sparkles like glitter in the sun, but I still hate it. It's cold. Being cold is so uncomfortable. We don't do any winter sports so we're stuck inside, sitting & putting around the house. Boring!

This morning Logan & I were supposed to meet some other moms at the mall & let our kids run around in the play area. It snowed last night & this morning creating an ice rink on the streets. Bill almost rear ended someone on the way home from work & suggested that we stay home. I've driven in the snow once. I think that was last Friday. I did OK, but slid around a bit. I do not want to risk getting into a car accident because I'm not a competent winter driver just to get out & about.

So, I hate winter. I'm counting the days until spring when I feel like I'm not risking our lives on the streets & we can run around at the park, take walks, go on family hikes & camping trips. We can play out in the back yard feeding birds & squirrels. We can take naps in the hammock that we got for Christmas. I can wear one layer of clothing rather than three. Seriously. I can't wait.

5 comments:

liz said...

It was 60 degrees today in New York. Tuesday is to be 70.
C'mon over!

Anonymous said...

Driving in snow freaks me out too! I hated driving in it when we lived in Maryland so I don't blame you for staying indoors, and I certainly don't blame you one bit for wishing for an early spring!

Kristin said...

I'm on my way over, Lizzy!

It's 3 degrees right now, the high is supposed to be 37. YUCK.

Anonymous said...

When life gives you lemons...make lemonaide! You and Logan can bundle up and make snow angels, build a snowman or a little hill for Logan to sled down. What no sled?! Improvise by using an old plastic tub or the top of a plastic storage container.Duct tape makes great handles.Then you can go in and enjoy hot cocoa or warm soup or something together. Life is only limited by your imagination. As for driving in the snow, go to an empty parking lot and practice stopping and sliding and turning. You will be an expert in no time.-Ilene

Erin said...

Oh my gosh I'm right there with you...I am so over the whole "snow is pretty" thing, I'm just DONE with winter and cannot wait until we can go to the park and go walking on the trail again! I'm so sick of winter I could scream...I also HATE being cold, I'm ready for T shirt weather!! Come on Spring!!