Monday, January 22, 2007

Far & few between
The posts this week may be far & few between. I'm working on getting Logan's First Birthday together. His one year letter, accompanied by another sentimental montage (of course) are taking up quite a bit of time...& Kleenex. I didn't think I would cry. I was wrong. After trying to type his letter & reviewing the last montages that I made throughout the year, I'm having a hard time even seeing the computer screen. I'm glad I'm giving myself a week to work on it.

We're going to spend some of our fee time doing some birthday present shopping, then I have to figure out how to decorate his cake. I found a healthy recipe & Bill tells me that I should decorate it like a rocket ship. I'm also going to make cupcakes for his birthday party. Which I still haven't decided where to go.

We were going to have all of the kids from the playgroup come over (about 10 kids or so). I was thinking about just having a relaxed party, more along the lines of "playgroup with cupcakes & balloons". However, nobody has been able to host playgroup at their homes because of the stupid snow. The huge snow drifts make it so nobody has any parking. We've been meeting up at the mall for the past month. Our house is included in the snow drift snow-in. Now I have to do a little bit of thinking here.

So, I'll try to post when something interesting happens, otherwise, I've got my hands full for the next week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see photos from the party!

Anonymous said...

I now what you mean about the letter & the montage. I gave myself a few weeks to work on them too. Bawled every night I sat down to work on it. It's hard to sum up a years worth of feelings and pictures into a video only a few minutes long. I can't wait to see/read what you have to say about your precious one (of course I'll be MIA during that time & away from a computer, drats!)

liz said...

I can't wait to hear what you do for the party--and I'm stocking up on Kleenex for the letter and the montage.
I really love how you do these things, I truly wish I had been much more diligent about this myself. (Henry turned 10 months on Saturday...no letter from Mom.)

Reesh said...

I put together Lily's 1 year Montage over the Christmas holidays when i had lot's of hands around to take care of Lily. I even ordered a real DVD from One True Media so I could play it at her party on the big screen! Looks like we'll be celebrating on the same day, but with totally different parties. I think it'll just be my immediate family cause I just don't have the energy right now to have 10 kids over!! I don't think she'll mind though.

I can hardly believe it's been a year already...

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't WAIT to see pictures from this! (and maybe some video?? :D)

We're having a small family thing for Kira - I don't even know 10 other children. LOL.

I haven't done Kira's yearly letter yet, but I've been drafting out in my head for the last week. Almost a whole year now for many of us... Mindnumbing, isn't it? Wow.

Jake Silver said...

We did the Superman thing. And it was all adults, fawning over him and giving him every thing in the world. And guess what his favorite toys were? The little set of cookware and the "shapes ball"... both my wife got at Family Dollar for cheap-ola. Good luck on your party. Oh and I've done two of those DVD montages of Photos, too. One for Mothers Day last year and one for Christmas this year and yeah... everybody cries. Didn't the first year go by too quickly?

Anonymous said...

How fun and exciting for you! Logan is sure to have fun. How many kids did your parents have at your 1st birthday party? Lots I bet. Ilene