Sunday, January 21, 2007

First hair cut!
We've been talking about getting Logan in for a hair cut for weeks. We finally decided that this weekend before his birthday was the best time to do it.

We went to a kids hair salon that had been recommended by some of the other moms that I know. It was a cute place with video games for older kids to play, toys (conveinently displayed & marketed) & a play area with a wooden train set. It was a good thing that there was plenty of entertainment for Logan because we waited for 30 minutes before getting him back.

While we waited, I chatted up another mom waiting for her 5 year old to finish up. Bill took Logan walking around the salon, showing him the trucks & stuffed dogs in hand bags (for the girls, but he really loves dogs). Then we hung out by the train set. Logan really liked that.

Finally, we were called back for our appointment. We were asked to pick out a video to distract Logan. Lucky for us, they had Little Einsteins. The stylist got him buckled in a fire truck chair & got him ready.

Logan was great! He didn't fuss, but he sure did squirm. He watched the video for about five seconds, so I had to distract him with his books that I brought. That worked like a charm. You show this kid a book & he's all over it.

He wasn't afraid of the clippers or the small group of people that gathered around watching him get his first cut. It was kind of funny, actually. People were asking how old he was, if this was his first cut & telling us how cute & well behaved he is.

After he was finished, the stylist took his picture & a clipping of his hair & put them in a keepsake card for us. I loved it, it was great. I just looked at Logan in amazement because he looked so much older. It was like he aged a few years in just a few minutes.


Before (He's so cute in a smock)

During ( I love how he's checking it out)


After (caught by surprise)

11 comments:

liz said...

OH MY GOD! HOW CUTE IS HE?!

You're right...he does look older! He looks like a young man. But then again, he's just about to turn a year old!

What a fun little place--fire truck seats and trains and puppies! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Logan is so adorable. I love that second photo especially, where he's feeling his hair. Too cute!

Corinne said...

Awww.. Shepherd got his first cut yesterday too!! he cried though, and then when he was done, I cried because A.) The lady messed his hair up, and B.) He looked so big.... he's so grown up....

Logan's hair looks great!!!! :) So cute!!!

Jezer said...

What a cool place! Alex is getting his first cut this coming Saturday by our family stylist (that sounds SOOO much more fancy than it really is!). There will be no firetruck, no videos, only mama and dada to act like fools--maybe that'll work.

Logan looks so handsome (as usual) and big!

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Where were these places when we were kids?? LOL!! Aww..Logan looks so spiffy and handsome!!
We've given James "touch and go" trims but he's overdue for a real cut. I feel bad for him because I'm an awful hair cutter. LOL

Reesh said...

No way!! I'm just shocked! We are still no where near Lily's first hair cut, and I guess maybe girl's get to wait a little longer. But wow, way to go Logan!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I dont know I stumbled upon your website, but I love it!! How did you create this and is it hard to manage?? I have family out of state and this would be perfect. Also, I have a daughter who just turned 10 months.... after reading yours I was like "oh my". She only eats baby food (well, Cheerios and noodles) and does not even crawl. No hair cut.... seems you do a lot I have not. Should I start her on foods?? What did you give Logan first?? THANKS and hope to hear some suggestions from another STAY AT HOME MOMMIE:):) -angie from Michigan, 33 years old.

Angie, Michigan said...

Hi, here is my link.... I had to sign up:):) Hope to hear back, Angie.

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! It was so long ago that my boys had their first hair cuts :-(

What a great hair cut place!

Ashley said...

So cute! I keep debating on whether or not to cut off Paisley's mullet, but our podunk town doesn't have anyplace as cool as that.

Anonymous said...

Clearly I need to move back to the US. Your state, specifically. I had NO idea there were even hairdressers for little kids!!! (We cut Kira's hair, she's never had a professional job done) That's SOOOO cool!!!

And Logan!! Look at him!!! He's going to be *such* a heartbreaker. (er, moreso than he is now)