Monday, February 12, 2007

Again! Again! Again!
I'm living my life on repeat now that Logan is a toddler. The only thing that we do over & over & over & over & over again is reading some of his favorite books.

All of Logan's toys & cardboard books are in the living room. I usually sit on the floor & read a book (my own book) while he runs around in circles or tries to find some kind of trouble to get into. When he gets tired of playing by himself, he'll pick up puzzles, toys or books, bring them to me & set them down on my lap.

He has a few favorite books that I now know by memory (which is a freakin' miracle considering how terrible my memory is). We read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Monkey Around With Chimp And Zee, & One Bear, One Dog. Granted, we read ALL of his books more than once a day, but these three are on the top of his list. His first choices. His obsessions.

It used to be really cute reading the same book over & over again. Now it's not fun. Especially since I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to see the same movie twice. Or read a book more than once.

But, I do it for him. Just because he can't read by himself yet. And I love him.

7 comments:

Reesh said...

Yes Lily is rather obsessive about her books lately as well! I was more than happy to oblige when it was a new thing, but I can see myself slowly going insane reading the same book over and over again.

Her favourite book is also Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See. Her favourite page is the page with all the children. When we get to that page I say "Hi Lily" and she waves at all the children on the page and then gives them kisses. It's the cutest thing I have to say, even if it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Ahhh what a job we have eh?

Anonymous said...

You know what we have on repeat??

"What's that?" x7 kajillion.

The same things, ALL the time. It's pretty cute really, but dear god does it get ever old quickly. Kira doesn't care much for her books that often, except to "skate" on them (and by that I mean slipping) or to toss them around like so much dirty laundry. Which she also loves. :\ LOL

Anonymous said...

At least it's not the same TV show or movie over and over again!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Ava keeps wanting Backyardigans played over and over and over and over.... and over! LOL.

liz said...

For us? It's CAN YOU WIGGLE YOUR TOES?

I guess there are worse things to be obsessed with than books, but I totally understand the repetition as Chinese water torture sensation.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

OMG I will forever know the words to such classics as Goodnight Moon, Guess How Much I Love You and The Runaway Bunny FOR THIS VERY REASON.

It doesn't stop. But the good news is it is reaaaallly good for them developmentally. I guess that's supposed to compensate for driving us to drink?

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

That is so funny! LOL It's the coolest thing that Logan loves his books so much. That'll probably carry with him throughout the rest of his life now. LOL That's awesome.
James likes his books, but more to chew on than anything. The only 2 books that he loves are a nursery rhyme book and his furry monster book (that one is like only 6 pages long..lol) And that's the one that he wants me to read again and again ...and again.lol