Monday, February 19, 2007

His first shiner
I've noticed that I say the same things over & over to Logan throughout the day:
  • "Be careful"
  • "Watch out"
  • "Don't go down the stairs by yourself"
  • "Be nice to Kitty" (alternates for Buddha too)
  • "Ohhhh...You'll be OK"
  • "Stay out of there. That's not for babies"
While our home is baby/toddler proofed, there's only so much you can do. And it's no wonder why Logan got his first black eye last night.

I was working on the computer, developing some workout programs & the next thing I know, he goes flying into the bookcase. At first he cried & looked fine. Then as the night went on, his eye started to swell a little bit & turn purple. He looked like a little tough man.

It's better today & not nearly as purple as last night. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get pictures, thinking that I would do it today. I'm sure he'll have a more accidents to come (not that I'm hoping for that!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doh!

Kira falls down so often, or bangs into things (she's JUST LIKE ME poor girl) that we've discussed buying a crash helmet for her. :\ She hasn't had any black eyes yet, but two head-eggs and a grazed knee from falling outside on the patio, plus a handful of bruises. LOL it's a good thing our kids have a high pain threshold!!

Anonymous said...

Kids are pretty resilient. My daughter ran into a door, bounced back and kept on going. Thank goodness she wasn't seriously hurt and thank goodness Logan is going to be ok too!-Ilene

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

What a tough little man!! I wish as adults we could have the same "who cares" mentality when we get hurt. LOL! OH, and your list of things you say to Logan on a daily basis? LOL oh my god I was laughing so hard because I say each of those too! And regardless he keeps hitting his forehead on his left side every week.It's the permanent bruise area. :( I think that idea of the crash helmet is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Drew had a black eye when he was 6 months old (car accident). Boy, did I get some strange looks when we went out in public!

Poor little guy! Something for his baby book for sure.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

It's even better once they can talk and you hear them parrot your phrases back to you. "No, no, be CAREful" with the same intonation you use and everything. LOL

Jake Silver said...

Over at my Blog, I've posted some pics of me and Tate at the park. About two weeks ago he was playing on the equipment and fell and rolled down and had scratches on his face.