Friday, February 09, 2007

Getting to know me, Getting to know all about me....
Thanks to Lizzy, this may be more than you want to know about me. I'm all for it though, because it's great entertainment!


1. Are your parents married or divorced?

Divorced. When I was 8. It was a very traumatic experience. Mom remarried someone that I refer to as "Satan". More traumatic experiences followed.


2. Are you a vegetarian?

I was in high school for a period of time. It started out by not eating pork (another story for another day). Then I only ate fish, no other proteins, even dairy. I lost 30 lbs in two months.

Now, I eat it all. I actually had a pork chop last night for the first time in 12 years.


3. Do you believe in Heaven?

Yes & No. I don't believe in a sunny, happy place where we're all jumping around on clouds. But, I don't believe our existence stops at death. The First Law of Thermodynamics, which I actually use in personal training, fits very well here. Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed.


4. Have you ever come close to dying?

This is where I might contradict myself with the last question. I wasn't at deaths door, but when I was in 6th grade, our family was involved in a roll over car accident. I was sleeping on the back seat in our mini van, not wearing my seat belt. Seconds before we rolled, I woke up with something or someone telling me to put my seatbelt on. I did, we rolled & I was fine. Bruised, but fine. We all walked away from that one. I have a feeling that if I didn't listen to that "voice", I wouldn't have walked away.


5. What jewelry do you wear 24/7?

My wedding ring & diamond stud earrings that Bill got for me for Christmas many years ago.


6. Favorite time of day?

Hmmm, it's a toss up between nap time, where I get a few moments to myself & playtime when Logan is laughing & we're chasing each other around the living room.


7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?

Yeah.


8. Do you wear makeup?

In my pre-mommy days, I would never leave the house without it. I used to get complements on it all the time. At one point, I thought it would be cool to look into being a makeup artist. Now, I wear it when we go out but if I'm in a rush, I'll leave without it. It's not that important anymore.


9. Ever have plastic surgery?

No, but I think about it. I'm not sure if I would ever go through with it though.


10. If you did have plastic surgery, what you you do?

Ummm, augmentation & rhinoplasty.


11. What do you wear to bed?

A shirt & yoga pants, which used to be my workout pants. Yeah, I'm really working them out now.


12. Have you ever done anything illegal?

My life from the age of 19 to 25 was illegal. Actually, maybe longer than that. But once I found out that Logan was on his way, I walk the straight & narrow.


13. Can you roll your tongue?

Yes.


14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows?

Yes, but not a whole lot. Just a few strays.


15. What kind of sneakers?

New Balance. They are great workout shoes, even though I really like Nike. They have better style, but terrible performance & fit.


16. Do you believe in abortions?

Believe? This sounds strange. But I'm pro-choice. Even after becoming a mother.


17. What is your hair color?

Brunette.


18. Future child’s name?

I have no clue. Bill & I are still on the fence as to whether or not Logan is going to be an only.


19. Do you snore?

Yes. But not louder than Bill or Buddha.


20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?

I'm actually afraid of international travel (I know I sound really ignorant). Bill wants to go to Europe someday. If he made plans, I would get over my fear & have a good time.


21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?

No, but Kitty makes for a great bedtime cuddle.


22. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?

Sit on it & brainstorm for a while. I want to make sure we spend it wisely!


23. Gold or silver?

Silver. I really don't like gold, unless it's white gold.


24. Hamburger or hot dog?

Hamburger. Bill makes a kick-butt burger too!


25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Sushi.


26. City, beach or country?

Country. I often think about how cool it would be to have our own little farm.


27. What was the last thing you touched?

Cheese that I cut up for Logan's lunch


28. Where did you eat last?

Seeing as though it's lunch time & all I've had today was a cup of coffee, it would be dinner in the living room while watching CSI.


29. When’s the last time you cried?

Yesterday morning, but everything is cool now.


30. Do you read blogs?

I think I'm close to addiction!


31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?

Half the time, I already feel like I do.


32. Ever been involved with the police?

I'm going to be honest here. Twice. Once when I was 12 & then again when I was 15. The second time the cop felt bad for me & let me sit in the front seat. And these aren't times that I've been pulled over for speeding either. I don't think I've ever told Bill about these instances, so I might have some explaining to do.


33. What’s your favorite shampoo conditioner and soap?

Well, when we had more money to spend on the good stuff; I loved MOP & Alterna products


34. Do you talk in your sleep?

Not that I know of & Bill doesn't seem to notice


35. Ocean or pool?

To enjoy the surroundings, ocean. To get in the water, pool


36. Sauna or whirlpool

Whirlpool, all the way. Even though I take showers hot enough to make our bathroom a sauna.


37. Starbucks or Krispy Kreme

You're serious? I have to choose? Man, this is a tough one. I want both, but I've gotta have my daily coffee over a yummy donut any day.


38. Window seat or aisle?

Window. Aisle seats are beyond boring.


39. Ever met anyone famous?

I lived in Vegas for quite a while, so I met famous people often. One of the more famous people was John Stewart at the MGM. Bill was so excited about it too.


40. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life?

Well, my life isn't over yet, so there's still time to make it happen. I have learned a lot of life lessons though & that is success to me.


41. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?

Twirl & shovel it in my mouth like I'm starving. I love, love, love spaghetti!


42. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey?

Ricki is trash. Oprah is on my DVR schedule, every single day. Along with Dr. Phil (guilty pleasure)


43. Basketball or Football?

Basketball, even though our house is practically a sports free zone.


44. How long do your showers last?

30 minutes. If I'm lucky & we have an endless amount of hot water, I could stay in there for hours. The shower is one of my favorite places to be.


45. Automatic or do you drive a stick?

Automatic. My freshman year, a few friends tried to teach me how to drive stick. I never learned. Just like water skiing.


46. Cake or ice cream?

Ice cream!!!!!!


47. Are you self-conscious?

Yep


48. Have you ever drank so much you threw up?

Yes, but not very many times. The last time I binged was my 24th birthday, where I don't have a clue as to how much I drank. That was the first & last time I've ever blacked out & threw up in my sleep. Gross, I know.


49. Have you ever given money to a beggar?

Not on the street. Bill's childhood friend who lived in San Fran made mad money by pan handling. He had money & a job too.


50. Have you been in love?

Oh yeah. Especially now more than ever.


51. Where do you wish you were?

Hmmm. Hiking somewhere in the late spring, early fall? OH! I wish we were living in Oregon again too.


52. Are you wearing socks?

I'm never without them (unless it's tacky). At home, it's always my white gym socks. And no, they don't go up to my knee, thank you. Ankles only.


53. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?

Thank God, no


54. Can you tango?

Nope & I would laugh at myself if I tried.


55. Last gift you received?

I'm not sure. Flowers from Bill? Presents from Christmas? I don't remember.


56. Last sport you played?

Disc Golf. I suck at it too.


57. Things you spend a lot of money on?

Food & household items. I'm trying to budget better. It's not working very well.


58. Where do you live?

In a house that I can't wait to move out of


59. Where were you born?

Where they have "The Greatest Snow on Earth"


60. Last wedding attended?

A couple of friends we hung out with in Vegas. This was years ago & there is a pretty funny joke from that day that I'll never forget. I would tell it, but it's not blog appropriate.


62. Favorite position?

At first, my reaction was "EWWW! My family reads this!" So, I'm going with my favorite yoga position...the plank pose.


63. Most hated food(s)?

Bell Peppers. YUCK!


64. Most hated soda pop

Tied between grape & cherry


65. Can you sing?

Some people say yes. I'm no American Idol though.


66. Last person you instant messaged?

Bill last night at work to ask him a question


67. Last place you went on holiday?

Portland to visit my sisters & new baby M over Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun.


68. Favorite regular drink?

Coffee & water


69. Current Song?

I'm not really fixated on anything right now, but not too long ago I was all about Rocco DeLuca & The Burden, I trust you to kill me


70. Tag 3 friends

Jezer, because her husband asked if she got kicked out of blogging.
Jake, because he always has some interesting answers (Angela Lansbury!)
Kayce, if she's feeling up to it. She hasn't been feeling well & I thought this might be a fun way to distract her.

3 comments:

liz said...

In the mutual music recommendation department: I like what I've heard of Rocco Deluca, I'll have to check out the record.

Fun meme!

Ashley said...

#3. What, you don't believe in 3 kingdoms and being involved in polygamy? What's wrong with you?

#39. Did you touch his butt? I totally would have. He's so hot. Smart, funny, & hot.

Jake Silver said...

As I was reading this, I was thinking "Oh I should steal this quiz" and then I got to the end and got tagged anyway. Cool.