Thursday, February 01, 2007

The day after
Logan's first birthday was a lot of fun. I made the cupcakes & frosting in the morning while he ate breakfast. The whole time that I was frosting & adding sprinkles, Logan was screaming & yelling at the top of his lungs, just for fun. It was pretty funny.

We went to playgroup where he stood around watching his friends play for a while. One of his friends had Nilla Waffers. Logan was really interested in those & followed his friend around the whole time. We gave Logan one & he didn't eat it. He just carried it around with him wherever he went. I laughed about it being his security cookie. Eventually, he tried to feed it to a doll that one of the girls was playing with.

Everyone loved the cupcakes. I made a dozen vanilla & a dozen chocolate. There were very easy to make & I was really surprised that they turned out so good (not to brag, or anything). Logan & I shared a chocolate one. I think he inherited my chocolate addiction because he was all over this cupcake! He smiled a big chocolate smile after every bite. It was adorable.

One of the moms bought Logan a balloon for his birthday. This has to be the best present in the whole world for a one year old. When we got home, he ran around the house, bopping it up & down for a really long time. It was even his first choice toy this morning.

The night before, Bill asked if we could celebrate Logan's birthday on Saturday. He's been working really hard & has been getting home late almost every night. I'm going to make Logan's cake on Saturday morning, we'll take him out for an ice cream cone, go out for dinner & take a ton of pictures. Lucky little boy, he gets two birthdays in one week!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy birthday Logan!!

Glad you're having a great first bday celebration.

Hey, I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're not switching to a password only site because I would really miss reading your blog. With work, I don't have time for a playgroup and don't get to socialize much with other moms (I work with 99% men). Blogging and reading other mommy blogs is definitely my way of feeling supported & getting advice & staying sane.

I mean, obviously you have to do what you feel is best. But if you go password-only, can I get in on the secret code??

Jake Silver said...

Happy Birthday Logan.