Thursday, February 15, 2007

The beginning of a new adventure
For some time now, I've been grappling with the thought of going back to work. My whole thought process, mental melt downs & my own personal stay at home mom vs working mom epiphany will be another post for another day. However, I will say that the wall that I've been trying to climb has everything to do with motivation.

I've been trying to motivate myself to get back into the game & have had absolutely no luck. I was burnt out & my passion for fitness was gone. Until....I got an email from Stefanie.

Sometime last week she emailed me asking if I would write up a program for her. I was so excited. I got her nutrition plan together & sent her the cardio & core program shortly there after. In the next day or two, she'll get her flexibility & lifting routine.

By developing her program, I felt that spark of excitement that I used to feel when I was training at the gym. It was definitely the jump start I needed.

With her encouragement & my desire to work at home, I've decided to set up a second blog. I know, I know. Not less than a month ago I was talking about how keeping up two blogs was way too much work for me. Well, this is different. And I've set it up so that I have the ability to do this without Logan screaming at me to get off of the computer, if it's only for a few short times a day.

My second blog is Virtual Fitness. It's where I can connect with people all over the world, just like I have here. I'll keep it interesting by posting tips, a weekly health & fitness article & as more people achieve their results from the programs, I'll add their before & after pictures along with their success story.

This is way too exciting & I can't wait to see what happens!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I have been lurking on your blog for some time now. I don't comment mostly because I have three little kids always at me! But, I enjoy your writing and your stories. I too, am big into fitness and health. I have been a runner for many years and have always maintained a size 0-2. Well, that all changed after the birth of baby number 3. I have tried and tried to get back to that size but nothing has worked. Not sure what is happening. Maybe my body is just different now. I just turned 30 the other day and I think getting older has something to do with it. I need to take off 20 lbs. Not sure how to do that. I eat healthy and take good care of myself. Anyhow- looking forward to reading this new blog! Oh...my kids like their veggies too! -Heidi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kristin! I'm looking forward to reading another of your blogs.

liz said...

I'm one lazy mo-fo. But listen:
This Mommy needs to lose some weight and strengthen her core.
I said it on the new blog, but I'll say it again: Sign. Me. Up!

Anonymous said...

Very cool idea! I'll check it out!

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

I'm here to testify, people: Kristin is SERIOUS!! She will work your butt and break you down, and you will get in shape. I have been on her program less than a week and have lost almost 5 lbs. Hubs even noticed my obliques last night, so something is definitely up!! You can email me for a longer testimonial, but let me just say for now that SHE ROCKS.

But she won't let you eat pop-tarts, so don't even ask. :)

Kristin said...

AHHH!!! That is AWESOME! No after dinner Pop Tarts is worth it! And it's not a forever thing. Once you get to where you want to be, they'll be ok as an occasional snack.

BUT YEAH! You lost almost 5 lbs in a week!!!! It's the signature nutrition plan, I tell ya :)