Tuesday, December 12, 2006

44-45 weeks old
Well, it's been a fun few weeks in development over here. He's still sleeping great. Down at 8 pm & up at about 7 am. Naps are getting longer (sometimes), an hour to two hours. He's eating all table food, all by himself. We figured that he doesn't like Cheerios or crackers & feeds them to Buddha. However, he loves cheese, fruit & veggies. I've taught the boy well.

Logan is always on the move. He never stops. He crawls laps around the living room, back & forth, as fast as he can. He cruises the couch at a sprinting speed. He gets into everything. His favorite thing to do (that also makes him laugh pretty hard) is to make a mess. He will sit with his blocks then start throwing them everywhere, waving his arm through them. He pulls himself up on his push-walker & walks laps as well. He screams when he gets stuck, but has figured out how to back up & turn around. Sometimes he needs help though.

He's more vocal, but not really forming words. He found out that when he emptied his bucket of blocks, he could "talk" into the bucket & make funny noises. We had a good time sitting together talking into the bucket. He likes to sick his thumb in his mouth & say, "eyea, eyea, eyea, eyea, eye", over & over. He is making distinctive grunts & squeaks when he finds something, or makes some kind of discovery.

He learned how to clap & does it all the time. It's really cute when he claps at meal times, or when he thinks we aren't watching him. He sit & clap & watch his hands very carefully. It's so cute.

His second tooth as cut through. It's the bottom right. He looks adorable with his two teeth. When I sing to him, I sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". He laughs, which makes me really laugh.

When Logan gets fussy or antsy, I've found that he really likes to hear me tell stories. Yesterday I was too busy to read him a book, but I made up stories to tell him while I was cooking or whatever. He stopped crying after a while & smiled. Then he forgot all about what he was fussy over & crawled away to play.

He's having a great time at playgroup. He crawls around with other kids, plays with toys next to them & is just very interactive. I'm so happy we joined the club. It's been so much fun for him.

One thing I've noticed this week, is his potential to become a T.V. zombie. With the drama of the last week, I was less than stellar with my playing skills. All I wanted to do was plop on the couch & watch endless amounts of T.V. Logan played, but if the T.V. was on, he would stop every now & then & veg out with me. While I didn't really care about it this last week, I know that this can be a really bad habit & hard to break. This week I'm being more mindful of when it's on & what is on. I'm going to play more Christmas music for distraction.

Everywhere we go, people tell us how cute Logan is. The Moms at MOMS Club just adore him. Logan is one special little kiddo. I love him to pieces.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've been reading about your own difficulties with your in-laws and it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone. In fact, I get the feeling my in-laws are wonderful compared to yours.

He's getting to be such a big boy! It's hard when they get this active, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Logan's such a sweetpea. It must be so nice to go to a playgroup where everyone's so nice... (from what I've seen around here, total snob-clique bs) ...Kira looks at other babies like they're weird alien creatures. LOL.

You're so lucky he's still eating "grown up" food, too!! Kira was doing that for awhile but since her molars have started bugging her, she hates any type of crunchy or non-puree food. I think my small person may have very sensitive gums. :(

Anonymous said...

Ava won't eat food anymore either since her molars are coming in. I've had to go back to pureeing things just so she'll eat SOMETHING!