Sunday, December 17, 2006

Day two of the flu
Since the post from yesterday, Logan threw up three or four more times last night. It's so heart breaking as a Mom to watch your baby endure illness & there's nothing you can do to fix it. All I could do was sit with him, hold a towel for him to throw up in & rub his head & back.

He didn't nurse too often yesterday, maybe twice. We pumped him full of Pedialyte, which he really liked. But, that didn't stay down very often. He was still his happy little self, playing & walking, chasing Kitty & climbing over Bill. He did sleep through the night & without getting sick.

My hopes were high for him this morning because of that. He woke up at about 7 am. We hung out in the living room to watch cartoons & cuddled. He played some more. After a few hours I decided he was probably OK to nurse. He ate well & kept playing. Bill left for work at 10:30 am & I thought that Logan was in the clear. We were just going to lay low, watch the snow fall outside & read books.

Then it started all over again. He got tired & wanted to snuggle more. I hugged him while we were sitting on the couch with his head buried in my shoulder. He then leaned over & puked all over the couch.

I got him cleaned up & cleaned off the couch (thank God for microfiber). Shortly after everything was clean, he hurled again. I got everything cleaned up again. We sat on the tile of the entry way by the front door. He drank some more Pedialyte, played with toys & cuddled. I was talking to his Aunt J on the phone, then he puked again.

I cleaned everything up, checked his temp & called the advice nurse. His temp is fine, his attitude is great (he really is a little trooper) & he's not dehydrated. The nurse said to keep up with what we're doing & if he can't keep anything down after 8 hours or if his behavior changes, then bring him in. Hopefully we won't have to see the Doctor tomorrow morning.

***Christmas Notice for Family: We haven't mailed out our cards or presents yet. We were supposed to do that yesterday. We hope to get them out by Tuesday. Everyone might be getting their stuff late this year***

4 comments:

liz said...

It's so hard when the baby is sick. We just went through this with Henry.
We gave him an ounce of Pedialyte every half hour until we were sure he could tolerate it. Then we mixed the Pedialyte with a lacto-free formula for 24 hours.
Sounds like you've got the right idea--as long as his attitude is great and he's making plenty of wet diapers, you're fine. It's just tough to watch...
I'm so sorry for Logan, I hope he'll be feeling right as rain very quickly!

Anonymous said...

He is a trooper! When I'm sick I act like it's the end of the world.

Jezer said...

Poor Logan, and poor you! Smart call about staying on the tile, and I'll echo Lizzy's comment about giving teensy amounts of Pedialyte frequently. But, you probably already knew that.

Hope he's much much better soon!

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

What a great little guy. ;) At least for the most part he doesn't seem bothered by being sick. I hope tomorrow everything gets alot better.