Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Baking up a storm
Now that Bill & I are working on a plan of action for handling holiday madness, my appetite is back & I've been doing some baking. This is one perk that I love about MOMS club. I get to bake yummy stuff all of the time. It's a great excuse.

A while back, I made pumpkin chocolate chip hazelnut cookies for a baby shower. They were delicious! This past weekend was the family holiday party. It was a brunch potluck & I made a French toast casserole. Granted, I didn't eat much there at the time, but it was really good. Then yesterday was a cookie exchange. I made buttery pistachio cookies. Totally yummy.

Every family has traditional foods & cookies that someone makes every year for the holidays. I think the pumpkin & pistachio cookies will be part of ours from now on. The next baking project will be Logan's birthday cake & food for his birthday party. I'm really excited about that.

For anyone who wants to try them out (& for future reference for myself), here are the recipes:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
Just mix in chocolate chips & chopped hazelnuts (no other nut compares!)

Marmalade French Toast Casserole
This is super sweet & really good

Buttery Pistachio Cookies
Dip or drizzle them in white chocolate for the best combo of sweet & salty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel myself gaining weight just thinking of them... YUM!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl. Wow. YUM!!! I'm totally trying the buttery pistachio one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the cookie recipes! The kids and I are planning a big cookie cookoff this weekend!

Wild about Doll Houses

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

*stomach growling*

Anonymous said...

Wow! Family traditions can be great!It will give Logan happy memories to look back on when he is grown.I stumbled upon your blog and thought I would share a thought or 2. Sounds like your Mil is something else! But as I was reading, I asked myself 'who raised this wonderful husband of yours?'Was he raised by his Grandma too? If he wasn't then your Mil probably has some good points that need focused on. I have learned that I may not always agree with my Mil but I haved learned to chose when to pick my battles. No one likes to live in constant war and especially during the holidays (all that added stress- ugh!)and I'm sure Logan can feel it.I also saw something that made me have a ?, "she needs to know her boundries and she's not clear on them"? Are they that she can't pick up Logan when your changing him and can't come into your bedroom when your breast-feeding (too bad about her attitude about breast-feeding as that is the healthiest). Maybe making a written list would help clear up future problems. Grandma's can be a pain but I have some wonderful memories with my Grandma and I'm glad my Mom let me have them. One of them is baking all of the wonderful X-mas goodies together.Traditions! We made fudge, sugar cookies and peanutbutter cookies with chocolate piped in the center - I think they were called peanutbutter blossoms or something like that- I could go on and on.My Mom wasn't much of a baker so this was like a slice of heaven for me. I hope my thoughts have helped! May peace and happiness fine you this holiday.