Monday, December 04, 2006

Two steps!
This afternoon while Bill was at work, Logan & I were playing in the living room. We've been practicing walking for a couple of weeks now. He loves to walk with his push walker, doing laps back & forth until he gets so tired he can't stand up anymore. Well, we decided to ditch the toy & try some unassisted walking...AND HE DID IT!

He stood up, clapping & I held out my hands. He took two steps towards me, all by himself. I was so excited & so was he. So excited that he quickly crawled over to the couch & cruised laps back & forth along the side, literally running. He kept laughing & giggling & side stepping, running away when I asked him to walk over to me. It was so funny. We both couldn't stop laughing.

I sent Bill a text message telling him what had just happened & tried to see if Logan would do it again. This boy is as stubborn as I am. We're in for some trouble. He does things on his own terms, on his own time. We practiced & played some more until he was so tired he was almost falling asleep on the floor. Hopefully he'll be rested enough for when Bill comes home for lunch.

Well, it looks like I have some videography homework to do. Filming playtime, clapping & now walking. This is a blast!

6 comments:

liz said...

OMG! How exciting. And terrifying! I can't believe that Logan is starting to walk. Wasn't he JUST a teeny baby?
How is it our boys are growing up so quickly?!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Logan!

All it takes is a couple of steps and then BAM, the walking is right behind!

It's so much fun! Ava follows me everywhere like a little chickie!

Anonymous said...

YAY Logan!!!! Isn't it awesome? For about a week or so now, Kira has been taking off whenever she feels like it - pulling up on something, then turning and practically running. It gives me a heart attack *every* time. LOL.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Wow!! Way to go little man!! I laughed at your comment too of how he kinda wants to do it at his own pace. LOL James is the same!! LOL I'm just waitin' for the day I'm making dinner or something and here he comes, walking to me. Or running. Oh no!! lol

Reesh said...

Cool!!! Way to go Logan!!

Erin said...

Yay! Logan! Everyone has been telling me (Cal's at about the same point with walking) that "now I'm really in for some trouble."

But I really enjoy watching Calum learn to walk. And he was soooo much happier once he learned to crawl, so I think it's great. I bet it's only a month before he walks right across the room.