Friday, December 01, 2006

Today I was going to write about how crazy I am
However, I changed my mind. We all know it anyway, so it's not a newsflash or anything. Let's just put it this way. I think I have OCD, or OCPD, or whatever. How did I come to this conclusion?

I switched to Beta the other day. What's the problem? The labels. What's wrong with the labels? Nothing, other than the rest of the blog entries didn't have them. So what did I do? I went through the entire blog, all 300 or so of them & labeled every singe one. Not once. Twice. Why? I had to go back & "double check" my work & correct some labeling mistakes.

It was then that I realized I'm certifiably crazy. It could have been worse though. I could have gone back & corrected all of my spelling mistakes from the early entries. Because there are many of them. This was when Logan was a newborn & I was running on empty. I had no brain cells to spare. Maybe I still don't, but there are a ton of mistakes.

So, I was going to write about how I had to do this, because the blog didn't feel right otherwise. But, like I said....this old news. I'm crazy & there's no changing it. Medication is out of the question. I don't feel like I'm that crazy.

So for my enjoyment & twisted sense of "balance", everything is labeled from day one. The good thing about it was going through the last year & seeing Logan's newborn pictures. How much he's changed, all of the challenges we've been through, just looking back at our life as a new family. Everything that's happened this year? Now, that's crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went back thru all of my old posts to add labels as well. Only I didn't create as many as you. I'm very particular with the way my blog looks. It has to be just so.. I'm neurotic that way.

Besides, weren't you going to have your blog printed & bound after Logan's 1st birthday? I did that to my pregnancy blog. I don't blame you for wanting to fix things now so they go to print correctly! Makes perfect sense to me.

liz said...

Wow.

That's tremendous, Kristin.

I can totally understand the itch you want to scratch though. When I accidentally switched to Beta and discovered the labels, I had to hold myself back.

Canadian Mommy said...

LOL! That is exactly why I haven't STARTED adding labels. Yet.

Emmakirst said...

I think I'd want to label it all from the start too.

My blog is polluted with spelling mistakes, my popup is disabled so of course I can't spell check, hence the non-stop mistakes. And of course, I don't proofread anything, have the time I'm lucky to get it published. hehe.