Thursday, December 07, 2006

Toys, toys, toys
We've been busy shopping over here. It's a lot a of fun. Logan will have quite the collection of rubber ducks for bath time, cars to push around, a hammer that lights up & makes noise, a harmonica & wooden peg puzzles. There are a few things that we're still going to get for him.

There is a crib toy that I want to get so Logan will stay entertained when he wakes up early. I have to order his red Radio Flyer wagon online. The ones that they have in the store are plastic. We want to get the old school wagon like Bill & I used to have as kids. We also want to get him a bookcase. Bill was going to make one before winter started, but Mr. Procrastination over here let it slide. I put an ad on Craigslist & someone offered to make one for us at a reasonable price. Then to top it all off, Bill had the great idea of getting a fish for Logan. I thought that was genius. Logan loves animals & we thought it would be so cute to say good-night to his fish before bed.

There's a lot more, but I think we'll wait for his birthday to get the rest. It's not that much later after Christmas anyway. I might be able to find some good sales. Which brings me to a funny thought I had the other day while doing some shopping online....

I was looking through the toys that were on sale. The first thing I thought of was The Island of Misfit Toys. I haven't watched the video in years, but looking at toys that were on clearance just made me think of the defective & unwanted toys on the island. I laughed, then decided I didn't want to buy any toys on clearance. Yeah, I'm weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buying Drew a fish when he was about 8 months old was the best thing we ever did. Now the boys have a 10 gallon aquarium in their room with guppies and mollies (the original goldfish died last year). They watch the fish at night when they go to sleep, and now that they're older they help take care of the fish and clean the tank. And the sound of the pump running still helps them sleep better.

liz said...

what a great idea to put an ad up on craigslist for someone to come build you a shelf.
it's things like that that make me kick myself for that trip to IKEA. :-)
a fish for logan...what a cute idea!

Ashley said...

Don't you just love buying presents for him? I get a little carried for P. Have you seen this toy? http://www.fisher-price.com/us/products/product.asp?id=30905 P has it and loves it. It helps her to go to sleep at night, and when she wakes up she likes to turn it on and off and change the song.

Jake Silver said...

So your baby is also celebrating one year near Christmas? My son's B Day is Dec 30th.

Emmakirst said...

Great idea for toys. I can't wait to see the kids this Christmas it'll be so much fun. I still have a few things to get for Ava, she has no toys yet for the tub, so that's next on my list. That's true about getting stuff after Christmas it may be on sale. My son's birthday is Jan. 17 so that's always a good time to get stuff cheaper. :)