Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The 100 th post & the 11 th week...

...brings us our little athlete.

The baby workouts have backfired on me. Logan is strong, but he is strong. He's been kicking his way out of his swaddle recently. I didn't think too much of it, as many little babies do this. Then I walked in his room as he was wiggling out. It's more like exercising his way out. With his legs straight up in the air, he was lifting his hips off of the bed, with his upper body crunching up. He was doing full on reverse crunches, total body style. My kiddo was crunching his way out of the swaddle. I've created a monster.

Yesterday afternoon I had changed his diaper & noticed the blood & mucous again. I hadn't had any dairy for 4 days. I called his pediatrician & made an appointment for this afternoon. His Doctor said that he looked great & these allergies/sensitivities don't seem to be bothering him. She ordered some blood tests & I have to collect a stool sample to send in tomorrow. When the nurses started to get him ready to draw blood, one of them commented on how strong he was & asked another nurse to help hold him down. So here we were, Logan on my lap & 3 nurses holding him still. He did pretty good, crying as much as I would've if I were him. It should take 2 - 7 days to find out what allergies he has. That will be interesting.

So, I'm still going to keep the little athlete working out, even though I'll have to come up with a different swaddling technique. Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Lance Armstrong or Michael Jordan. Then again, I could be wrong & he could be the next Bill Gates.

No comments: