Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I wish we were rich so I could hire a house keeper.
Bill's mom & pregnant (& dealing with morning sickness) sister are going to be here tomorrow night. My plan was to get the house spotless before they get here. I'm not quite sure how that's going to work out. I got most of the laundry done on Monday. Yesterday was a joke because Mr. Fussy Fuss was here ALL DAY. He didn't stop crying until 6:30 or 7:00 pm, at which point I had a glass of wine to take a break & gather my bearings & gear up for his midnight madness that I knew would be absolute HELL if it was going to be anything like the day had gone. Fortunately he went to bed easily & woke up only a few times during the night. At 4:00 this morning he was all smiles when I had to change his diaper 3 times in 15 minutes. He thought it would be funny to make a mess in every single one the instant I got it on him. For some reason (maybe sleep deprivation), I thought it was pretty funny too.

So now I have a day & a half to clean the entire house. We don't live in a small house & we also seem to use every single square inch of it. Pre-baby, this would have been a piece of cake. With a newborn, cleaning just the bathrooms deserves an olympic medal. Since the weather has been nice, I open all of the windows to let the breeze through. I was horrified when the draft blew around all of the hair balls from the dog & cat that were under the couch & various other hiding places. There was enough hair to make another pet & give it a name. Cleaning obviously has not been a priority since Logan has been born. When I have time, I have the choice to:
  • Eat & drink something
  • Shower & brush my teeth
  • Sleep (this only happen if I'm about to fall over & pass out from exhaustion)
  • Clean the house
So, cleaning is under sleep & sleep is a rare occurrence over here. Cleaning seems to happen when I either can't stand looking at the mess any longer or when I'm forced to because we're having company over. I've been trying to get something done everyday, but I get as far as dishes & laundry. The stuff we absolutely need so we're not wearing dirty clothes & eating out of pots & pans. I thought the Baby Bjorn would help, but it's not easy to move around & clean with him strapped to my chest (yeah, after I hiked 10 miles with him. Hmmm, not a very good excuse I see). Well, I guess I better get crackin' before he wakes up again.

No comments: