Sunday, April 16, 2006

It's tag time.
I've been tagged by Stephanie, the most mommymatic of all mommymatics. I figured it would be a great way to start out the week, before I get the weekend family posts up. Plus, I have some time while we wait for the Sopranos to download!

  1. I can't stand to have uneven socks. I can't have one sock on & one sock off. Bill thinks it's funny to tease me & twist my socks while I'm hangin out on the couch. It drives me nuts!
  2. When I was little, I would make myself Miracle Whip & marshmallo sandwiches. Gross, I know, but I liked them!
  3. My life was saved by a guardian angel, God, higher power or what have you. I was in the sixth grade & we were on a family trip. We were sleeping & I was in the back of our mini van without a seatbelt. Something told me to wake up & put it on. Seconds after I got buckled in, we got into a serious roll-over accident. The van was on it's side after rolling a few times & we had to kick out the windshield to get out. We all walked away with very minor cuts & bruises.
  4. I don't eat pork because we had a pet pig for a little bit. My stepdad didn't tell us that it was meant for the forth of July dinner that was coming up. I even named him Wilbur, no joke. It's hard to stick to my guns on this because I love the taste of sausage & bacon.
  5. I believed in Santa Clause all through elementary school. Our family tradition was to all pile in the car on Christmas eve & drive around christmas street to look at christmas lights. When we got back, Santa had come & left a note by the cookies. I always believed because our parent were in the car with us the whole time. I found out he wasn't real when we broke that tradition & my sisters & I hid under the sofa bed couch to see Santa, but saw our parents bringing in our bikes instead.
  6. Bill & I got engaged after being together for 3 months. I was a senior in high school. I often pull out my year book & read the messages from my friends congratulating me on our engagement instead of wishing me good luck at college.

So, now I want to find out about some more fun stuff! I'm tagging my fellow mommies:

Corrine
Reesh
Avorie
Tracy
Keri
Beth

Your mission, should you choose to accept: Post 6 strange or interesting things about yourself & then choose six people to do the same. Tell them they are tagged in their comments box. You can report back to me when you've done it or not. Have fun!

5 comments:

Canadian Mommy said...

I did it!

Derek, Tracy & Calvin said...

Tracy is working on it. I'll have it posted by Wednesday.

Reesh said...

Thanks for thinking of me, but we have so many visitors and trips happening that I barely have time to update my blog.

Cheers,
Reesh

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

You are so cute--thanks for doing this! Yay!

Derek, Tracy & Calvin said...

OK, done!