Monday, April 10, 2006

Colorado has strange weather.
Friday morning we were supposed to go to the chiropractor for another adjustment. Bill woke up at 6 am because he thought he left the car windows down & he left the car parked in the driveway. When he came back in it started to snow. When Logan & I woke up at 7:30, there was snow everywhere. If I have a choice when it comes to driving in the snow, I choose not to. I hate being cold. I hate the snow. I hate winter. Funny that we live in Colorado when that's what it's all about! Bill called later that morning to say that he was glad that we stayed in. He was slipping all over the freeway on the way to work. Scary!

So with the snow, I thought our plans for a fun weekend would be pushed back again, just like with the rain the weekend before. We woke up Saturday morning to no snow & 70 degree weather. I swear, mother nature is bipolar here. I was so excited that we could go hiking & get out of the house. We looked at some of the national parks that were close to the house. A friend told us that we should go to Castlewood Canyon.

It was gorgeous! The weather was nice with the sun shining & everyone & their mother was out hiking. We hiked about 10 miles or so while Logan slept pretty much the whole time in the Baby Bjorn. He did great. We were there for a solid 5 hours & I stopped to nurse him by a waterfall. When he was awake, he looked around in amazement. He really is our little boy scout. It was a really great workout as well. I had to turn into the "trainer" at the end as I looked up at the incline we were about to climb & here I had this 11 lb. baby strapped to my chest. "Oh crap, (G-rated version) This is crazy!" We booked it up the canyon wall, out of breath, wrinkled nose & Bill calling out, "Hang in there, we can do it" (I thought I was supposed to be the trainer). It felt incredible once we got to the top & on our way back to the car. I love it!


Bill brought the tripod along to take a ton of pictures. He found a new graphic design program a few days before & wanted to get some pictures to play with. They look really cool. I'm really happy that he's getting back into photography & graphic arts. His creativity & talent were some of the qualities that initially attracted me to him. This is one of my favorites.


Our first family hike was awesome. Weather permitting, we will be hiking every weekend. It's a chance to get out & enjoy ourselves, workout a bit & take some pictures. With us living in the Rocky Mountains, I'm sure we'll have all sorts of new outdoor adventures.

3 comments:

Canadian Mommy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Its so sweet to see babies enjoy the outdoors! Summer is fast approaching yay!

the boyd girls.... said...

What Fun! It looks so pretty there. The family picture is precious!
Keri

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Excuse me, are you only 9 weeks postpartum? WTF? You are too gorgeous and fit-lookin for words. Can I be jealous a little?