Wednesday, September 06, 2006

31st week & going on a hike
Yesterday we decided to go for a hike around Horsetooth Reservoir. Logan is old enough & strong enough to use the "big" back pack now. It's a Kelty pack that Aunt Ju-Ju & Uncle J got us for christmas last year. It was great, even though we really didn't do that much & I wouldn't have called it a "hike" by any means. Logan had a blast bouncing around & pulling on my pony tail. He "talked" the whole time. It was a lot of fun.

Now that Logan is crawling, he keeps me busier than ever. Like this evening while I was trying to fold & put away the laundry. Every five seconds I had to stop & grab him because he was crawling away (& fast) toward the stairs or into other kinds of trouble. This afternoon when I was hanging the laundry out to dry, I brought him along to sit in the grass. He instantly crawls off with a mouth full of dirt & a handful of leaves.

We've been working on signing a bit more. I've focused on two signs (that are very similar). "Bye-bye" & "popcorn". I don't know if the popcorn sign we're doing is the right one, but I've sung one of my favorite childhood songs about popcorn to him since he was born.

I looked out he window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring had brought me such a nice surprise –
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn’t really so, But it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

Every time I say "popcorn", I do a hand gesture. I think he's catching on. When I start the beginning of the song, he does the "popcorn" gesture, but it's a little backward. I'm really going to have to sit down & study up on the signs now.

This is such a fun age that Logan is in right now. I'm loving every minute of being a Mom & I don't think I could be any happier.

2 comments:

liz said...

What a GREAT picture. You both look so happy! Wheee!

Ashley said...

Hey! I know that song! Good ol' primary. I forgot about it though, I'll have to remember to sing it to P. You look great btw- don't stress so much about 5 pounds! If I could fit into size 4, or 6, or even 8, I would be shouting it from the rooftops!