Wednesday, September 20, 2006

33 weeks & on another hike!
Since Bill has an awesome schedule, we had some time to go up in the mountains again for another hike yesterday afternoon. We went up a few more miles from the place that we hiked last weekend. We drove up to Roosevelt National Forest & just picked out a trail. The trees were starting to turn more than just a couple of days ago. The weather was perfect & the hike was a great workout. We were all in much better moods, so it was a lot of fun. Logan had a good time hanging out in the pack, checking out the view.
I swear Logan's going to be a personal trainer when he grows up. Every time I stopped on the trail, he would start kicking my butt (literally) & grunt, as if he were trying to tell me to keep moving. It was hilarious.
Bill took some more great pictures too. He read the manual that came with the camera (something that we probably should've done when we bought it) & learned some new tricks. He also downloaded a new program that compliments Photoshop, so he can do some really neat stuff to his pictures.
We decided that next summer is going to be a camping & fishing summer. Logan will be old enough to eat hot dogs & smore's (maybe) roasted over the campfire. Bill asked for fly fishing gear christmas & we drove by some beautiful fly fishing spots that we would want to check out. I am so excited. It's been years since we've been camping. I was an avid camper in my early teens with church outings & girls camp. I love being out there & roughing it. We're going to look into getting some protection (a gun was mentioned) from black bears & mountain lions. Both have been running around the area (even close to home) & have been caught by wildlife services. Scary!

The weeks ahead are going to be full of hiking adventures because the weather is gorgeous in the early fall. It's one of our favorite times of the year to hike. Logan does really well in the pack too. He's such a cute little boy scout already!

2 comments:

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I know..I know..I keep saying it like a broken record..lol..but you guys are a beautiful family! And because of you guys Logan is going to love being outdoors even when he's older. I should follow your example and get outside more often!!! ;)

Jezer said...

What great pictures and what fun!