Thursday, September 07, 2006

Whoa.
So...um...yeah. The move has been great for the family, but not so much my fitness. When we went hiking, I tried on my hiking pants. I really like them (other than the fact that they kind of fit like mom jeans...yuck) because you can zip the legs off if you get too hot. They were quite snug. So much that I decided to wear something else. Something that wouldn't make me feel like a sausage.

Yesterday we went to the gym. Bill had a meeting & Logan hung out in the nursery. I stepped on the scale. Wow. I forgot how fast things change when you pork out on food everyday. The first week we moved here, we ate out every day, for every meal. It was one of those "I really don't feel like unpacking the kitchen or attempting to cook" feelings for a while. It's lasted all month. Not too mention the generous helpings of ice cream, chocolate & beer from the local breweries. I've gained a solid 5 pounds in 4 weeks. Gross.

I'm so back to "Nutrition Nazi" status again. I'm cutting out all sugar, dairy & alcohol & starting the "Six Pack Abs" plan that I developed. I told Bill come hell or high water, I'm going to the gym every day & taking spin classes 3 times a week. No matter what.

I'm usually not a fan of diet or fitness blogs because I think they are the most boring read ever. I started one about 6 months ago & it went no where. I got to my goal (even better before we moved. I fit into Aunt Ju-Ju's size 4 pre-preg jeans), but not with the help of the recordings of a blog. This time I think I need some accountability.

Last time my major motivator was to not feel like the chunky trainer if I was going to train again. I didn't end up training my potential client because we moved & it happened really quick. There's no fear to motivate me now (which is a major motivator for me). There's no fear unless I publish my attempts for the whole world to read.

I really liked what Jezer was doing to keep herself accountable. I think it will be something that keeps me accountable too. So, now everyone will see the workings of the "Six Pack Abs" plan in detail & action. I promise to be totally honest in my recordings (something that I wanted to kill clients over in the past) & I also promise not to turn the blog into a fitness tracker. Now I'm off to make myself breakfast & get started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for what it's worth, you can't tell AT ALL you gained 5lbs. You still look super thin to me! Weight fluctuates like nothing in our house, it's dreadful. LOL. I just can't bring myself to do any of those "diet" things because they never seem to work for me. Also? I can't work out in front of other people. :\

Jezer said...

Operative word: WAS!!! Haha!

I'm going to get back on the food-recording wagon very soon. REally. I HAVE spent 30-40 minutes on the treadmill every day this week while the Mr. watches Al. I, too, have GOT to get back to my old self. And the closet full of my old clothes.