Saturday, September 30, 2006

Our afternoon at the farm
I'm so glad I was feeling better this weekend. I made sure to drink a lot of water & rest up. We went to Harvest Farm to go through the corn maze & just have some family fall fun. Boy, did we have fun!

We got there & ate hot dogs to gear us for the rest of the day. We saw that they had a petting zoo & decided that would be really fun. Logan LOVED it. There were llamas, goats of all kinds, sheep, cows, pigs, ducks, geese, chicken, roosters & rabbits. Pretty much every animal that you would think of living on a farm. We pet all of the animals & I was excited to use our farm animals signs that we just learned a few days ago. Logan didn't pay any attention to me, but I still got a kick out of signing. Logan's favorite animals we the rabbits, baby goats & piglets. He really liked the rabbits most though. So much that Bill blurted, "We're not getting any rabbits" as Logan was petting them.
Then we headed into the corn maze. Both Bill & myself have never been in a corn maze before. We thought it would be interesting. We didn't look at the map & knowingly chose to do the most difficult part. Yeah, we're idiots. After getting lost for a while, Bill figured out where we were & did an excellent job directing us out. I thought being lost wasn't going to be very fun, but we did really well.
After the maze, we hung out in the corn sand box. There were dump truck & sand box toys for the kids to play with. Logan had a great time feeling the corn & playing with the trucks. He even made a few friends while rolling around & crawling in the corn.
We decided to go back to the petting zoo for a second time before we left. Bill bought some feed to feed the animals. I thought Logan would like to do that, but changed my mind thinking that they would eat his fingers instead. We spent some time playing with the animals again & then headed on home.
It was awesome to hang out as a family & enjoy the wonderful weather. We all had a great time. I have to say, life is amazing when you get to share it with your happy child. This is definitely going to be a family tradition of ours now.

5 comments:

liz said...

That? Is AWESOME!
I just told The Mistah that we HAVE to find a farm to visit this year for pumpkin picking. And? PETTING ZOO?
So. Jealous.
Great pictures, too. You guys always have great pictures. One day when Logan is older, he'll love how well documented his childhood is! And so will you!

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

I agree with Lizzy. =) What a great idea to go to the farm!! I'll have to check around our area to see where we can take James. He'd love seeing the animals!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

I love Logan in the last photo! He is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I looove that last picture!!!

Canadian Mommy said...

So fun! i can't believe how big he is gettig!