Monday, September 18, 2006

Allergies? A Cold? Who knows.
Logan is sick for the first time. He's had a runny nose for a few days now. He's not really acting sick though. Not really coughing, maybe once or twice. He's been sneezing, but not excessive. No fever. Eats well & sleeps well too. He doesn't have itchy, water eyes. They are red after he sneezes every now & then. No swelling. He's not even grumpy. He's been his cute, little trouble maker self. Active & getting into everything. Bill seems to think that Logan has be "blessed" with our family allergy issues. I swear, we need to live in a plastic bubble just because of it. Bill has been having a hard time with his allergies right now because the pollen count is so high, so it makes sense.

Yesterday we decided that it's confirmed. Logan says "Mom". Again, he only says it when he's really upset. The day before yesterday, Logan was crawling around in the kitchen, trying to pull himself up onto everything he could grab. Chairs, table, high chair, the metal railing that separates the kitchen from the den on the garden level. While he was holding onto the railing, his feet slipped out from underneath him & he fell on his head. It wasn't too bad of a bump, but he cried. And then he cried out "Mom"! It was clear as a bell & it startled me a bit.

I picked him up to cuddle & kiss his head better & he stopped crying. "He just said Mom", Bill exclaims. "There's no doubt. He really did", I said wide eyed. I always thought that when I heard Logan say "Mom" or "mama" for the first time, I would burst out into tears. I was so shocked & busy comforting him, I didn't cry. I haven't cried the other few times he's said "Mom" in the last two days either. Mostly because he's only calling me when he cries. I don't think it would comfort him anymore if I was there crying along with him.

We went on a hike to Gateway Mountain Park yesterday afternoon. We've wanted to get up in the mountains to see the Aspen turn yellow. I think we were a little early. The trees are just starting to turn. It was nice up there nonetheless. We didn't get any good family pictures because we were hiking during Logans' nap time. He was a little grumpy & so was I. Not a very good Kodak moment. Bill took some nice pictures of the area though. We'll have to go again this next week if the weather permits & we're all in better moods.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are some beautiful pictures!! What camera do you use? (I'm looking into buying a new one)

D has some allergy problems too but I don't, so we have no idea if Kira will inherit them. We've just gone into Spring and both her and D have been fine (knock on wood) so far.

Hope you can get Logan on video saying "mom" - he's so adorable, I'm sure his voice is too!!

Kristin said...

We have a Konica Minolta Dimage X1. I also run all of the pictures through photoshop too.

I hope I can get Logan saying "mom" on camera too, but I'll have to figure out what's going on with the audio...they've all been silent films so far! :)

Anonymous said...

What a pretty place to hike!

My boys called me "mom", too, never Mommy or Mama.

Anonymous said...

That's funny, Lily only seems to say mumumumumumum when she's upset as well. When she says adadadadada it's in a high pitched chipper happy tone. Interesting...