Thursday, September 28, 2006

You've got to be kidding me
What in the sam hell is going on here? It seems like everyone across the world, moms & babies alike, are getting sick. Now I'm one of them too! ACK!

For the last few days I've had a slightly sore throat. I didn't think much of it. Then the runny nose started. Then last night was the headache, nose, throat & just feeling like crap. I hate being sick. I really can't remember the last time I had a cold.

If Logan had a cold (which I think he did & passed it on to me), I'm really proud of him for being such a trooper. He was still his cheerful little self, ate well, slept well & had no complaints. Except for when I had to clean out his nose. Then he wasn't too happy. But I can't blame him.

We were supposed to go to the landromat to dry our clothes last night (because we are still waiting for Bills final paycheck from the other gym & haven't been able to get to the other house to get our stuff. Washer & dryer included). I was feeling so crappy, Bill offered to go by himself while I stayed at home with Logan. That was awesome.

Logan & I just hung out, playing on the floor. He climbed all over me & laughed when I brought out his lion puppet. It was fun. But it was tough. All I wanted to do was crash on the couch. Logan was a little ball of energy & stayed up an hour past his bedtime. I didn't have it in me to even give him a bath. Besides that, Bill was drying all of Logans pajamas anyway.

While Bill was cooking dinner, I told him that I was feeling sick & how much that sucked. "It really sucks. A lot. Moms don't get sick days. I'll still have to get up at 5 in the morning. I'll still have to chase the little man around the house. I'll still have to feed him & take care of him & entertain him". Then Bill turns around. "Well, if it gets really bad, I'll take a sick day & take care of the both of you". I thought that was really sweet.

I'm feeling a little better today. Logan slept in a little & we've just been kickin' it in our jammies all day. I hope I'm at 100% tomorrow because this weekend looks like it's going to be beautiful. Great hiking weather & maybe a trip to the corn maze for hay rides.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Dude, I feel your pain on the sickness. Get lots and lots of rest, and take your hubby up on the offer.. even if it doesn't mean taking a full sick day, but let him watch Logan while you sleep. (Forrest did that for me last Saturday and I recovered in record time due to the extra hour nap I got). I hope you guys get to feeling better soon!!! :)

Oh and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today... I really appreciated everyone's support. :)

Jezer said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon!