Monday, October 09, 2006

36 weeks
Logan has been so much fun these last few days. Well, he has always been fun, but especially this last week.

His new favorite things to do are to shake his head & spit & blow raspberries. It's hysterical. When he's playing with his toys, teasing the animals, pulling up onto furniture or just doing anything exciting, he's spitting. When he blows raspberries, he sticks his tongue out just a little so all you see is a little point. I love it.

I think he learned how to shake his head because I do it to make him laugh all of the time. He really likes it when I put my hair up in pigtails & shake. Apparently it's a lot more entertaining to see than just a pony tail. Now he does this constantly. When he's eating, he shakes his head in between bites. Bill & I shake our heads together & Logan just laughs.

Logan really thinks extreme facial expressions are pretty funny. I'll sit with him on the floor to play & he climbs all over my lap. He'll turn to look at me & I make a funny face. He laughs & then looks away. Then he looks back & I make a different funny face. He laughs & laughs. We can play this for quite a while.

The not so fun part is the constant falls on his head. The other day he was crawling around in the kitchen. He pulled up on his high chair. He was happy standing & screaming for fun. Then he did a face plant. He hit his head, but I couldn't see where. He was in so much pain that he was doing "buttwheels" (like a modified cartwheel) around on the floor. I was holding him, trying to get him to calm down. I wiped his tears from his eyes. One side had blood. I almost freaked. He had hit the corner of his eye on the edge of his chair. It broke the skin. I just couldn't see it because he was crying. I thought he was going to have his first black eye. Fortunately he's ok & no black eye.

Last night as I was taking Logan upstairs to bed, I turned to Bill. "I don't think I've ever smiled, laughed & had so much fun in all of my life since having Logan". Bill feels the same way. It's pure joy.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That's so cool. Logan sounds like a little boy with lots of personality.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Bruises!!! Oh my god..so many in so little time!! I think James gets at least 2 each day. Poor babies..lol