Tuesday, October 10, 2006

New friends & family
It's been a busy day. Logan & I dropped Bill off at work so I could take the car today. It was really cold & supposed to snow so I left Logan in his fleece sleep sack pajamas, put a hat on & wrapped him up in a blanket. Bill picked him up in his car seat. "It's not that cold, geeze". He looked warm & snugly (& really cute too) to me!

We got home & it was a mad dash race to get ready so we could be on time to our first Moms Club meeting. Since being at stay at home mom who really doesn't have a schedule for the "outside" world, it's a challenge to be anywhere on time. We got there on time, but I didn't have time to put on any make-up. In the past, this would've been a huge deal. I never left the house without it. Now, it's an accomplishment it I get half of it on.

It felt like the first day of school. Logan & I dressed in our nice sweaters so we could make a good impression on the other moms, smiles & handshakes & gushing over the cute kids running around. It was nice to see that I wasn't the only one with wet hair & no make-up. Logan was on his best behavior. I thought he was going to be grumpy because the meeting was right in the middle of his morning nap. He played with his toys, slapped the table, smiled & "talked" with everyone. When he got tired, he just fell asleep in my arms. There are some really nice moms in the club & it will be great to get Logan in the play group for smaller kids. He's going to have a blast!

Later on in the morning Bill got a call from Uncle J. Baby B was born at 10:00 am. 6 lbs, 11 oz. 19 in long. It was a little difficult getting him out & the Doctors thought that they would have to make a vertical cut. Fortunately, he came out at the last second. We are so excited for them & for Logan to grow up with a cousin so close to his age. We spent the rest of the morning buying toys & a newspaper for the gift bag we'll bring when we go see them at the hospital tomorrow afternoon.

It is going to be so strange to see how Logan has grown in the last 8 months. He's going to seem like a little giant. It's going to be fun watching his reaction to Baby B. Logan loves other kids, especially babies. He just has this cute little smile on his face.

At the end of the day after I got Logan to bed, Bill got a fire started in the fireplace & poured a couple glasses of wine. We sat on the couch & he made a toast. "No matter what happens, I don't want you to stress about the next few days. I'll take care of everything. Just remember...next week it will be just us again next to the fire with a couple glasses of wine".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice day! Sounds like your moms group will work out nicely. And congrats on the birth of baby B.

Corinne said...

Awww.... sounds like your hubby has definately got your back this time. And how romantic!! A fire!!! I'm so jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Your husband rocks, what an awesome guy. You lucky girl.