Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stranger Anxiety? I don't mind!
Logan has been a little clingy & gets a bit upset when someone attempts to hold him or take him away from me. It's not to the point where I feel frustrated about it. It's not like it's holding me back from doing anything, because he doesn't get that way with Bill. Logan & Bill are playing happily in the mornings when I go to spin class. If I took him to the nursery, that would be different.

I suppose this is where being a stay at home mom makes it easier. If I had to go to work, this would be torture. I wouldn't be able to handle it. But, the little man & I hang out all day together so it's no big deal. It's a big bonus that he doesn't freak out on Bill either. I'm so glad he's home so much more. It's made such a difference. And another perk? When the grabby, obsessive grandma comes over next week, she's going to try to take Logan out of my arms. He's going to freak out & cry. Needless to say, he won't be crying for long.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wOo-HoO Can you just imagine her face when he freaks out on her and she realizes SHE'S not whats good for him but his MOMMY is :)~

Anonymous said...

It WAS awful when mine were like that and I had to leave them. Fortunately for me it didn't last long in either child--the space of a few weeks.

Hopefully Logan won't be over his by the time your MIL visits!

Canadian Mommy said...

I remember really well when Claire went through it. It was so nice to be the one and only that your baby wants. I too got to one up the MIL saying 'oh, she just wants mommy' and sure enough, she did! lol!

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Yep, stranger anxiety sucks. So does leaving your baby.

And I must be the only person who WANTED my son to want my MIL so I could take a NAP! :)

Anonymous said...

An excellent reason for you to hang on to him or for him to hang on to you! Maybe that will make things a little easier.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

yeah, I get pretty happy too when James is cool with his grandma. She's saved our butts so many times when we needed her to take him for even just a few hours (the time Ricky and I were both sick as dogs ..actually that happened a few times..lol) But I also hope too that Logan shows her just who he really wants when your mom in law visits ..especially if she does start acting overbearing. It's probably gauranteed he'll help you out in that dept. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds good in theory :P What happens if she starts accusing you of being too cuddly, or too overprotective or worse yet, molly-coddling him? I'll just fedex you the knuckle dusters eh? :) Again, good luck with the monster inlaw.

Kira's stranger anxiety phase didn't last long thankfully. It did get to a point for a few days where I couldn't leave her sight or she'd go batty. And if she wandered away, she'd still give me hell for not following! LOL.

Jezer said...

Yes!!! Separation anxiety to the rescue!!! Al has started that too, but thankfully, he doesn't cry when I drop him off at school. He views his teacher as a kind of "third parent" so that hasn't been an issue. Thank goodness!