Tuesday, October 17, 2006

37 weeks
What a week this has been. Our little rock climber continues to perfect his technique. He climbs all over me when we play on the floor, all over the couch & up onto the baby gate. He's very good at sitting down carefully & has even figured out how to bend over & pick up a toy while standing & hanging onto the couch. He knows how to get off the couch, but he still needs to be watched. He's been practicing standing unassisted. It's not for long, but he'll lean against the couch without holding on, then stands for just a few seconds before leaning back on the couch.
All of this activity has been wearing him out. He's been going to bed an hour earlier at 7 pm. This works out fine, except for the fact that he wakes up an hour earlier.

He still has yet to reject any of his foods. He ate chicken for the first time this week. It took a couple of bites to get used to the texture, but he never spit it out or cried. He doesn't take after Bill or myself when it comes to food because the two of us are the pickiest eaters on earth. It totally makes it easy for me though.

His persistent diaper rash has finally gone away. This took weeks. Weeks of trying different creams, different combos of creams through out the day, a different type of diaper & various naked times. I'm glad his rear isn't red anymore.

Teething has been coming & going. Sometimes he gets especially drooly & chews on his toys like a mad man. There have been a couple of fussy times, but nothing to warrant the use of Tylenol, gels or frozen wash cloths. I'm still wondering when these teeth are going to pop up!

It was so cute to see his reaction to Baby B this week. Taking pictures of Logan has been challenging because the boy doesn't sit still. Other family members were able to get some pictures of him with Baby B so I'll get them posted as soon as we get them. There were some really cutes ones of the two of them sitting on laps side by side & one of Logan holding Baby B. They were so sweet!

While we were at the hospital visiting the family, I noticed the baby scale in the room. Since we missed Logans sixth month check up, it's been a long time since he's been on a scale. I had no clue how much he weighed & I was getting sick of people asking. With some clothes & without shoes, he weighed 16 lbs 15.4 oz. A couple of pounds smaller than I guessed. He's one tall kiddo though because he's wearing 12-18 month sizes, all because of his length. I'm in the process of looking for baby belts to keep his pants up. I'm not skilled in sewing or tailoring clothes, so a belt is the way we've got to go.

On a kind of creepy Halloween note, every time I put Logan down for a nap, I don't turn on his mobile because the batteries are dead. When I turn it on, it plays about two or three notes before turning itself off. Well, Logan loves to play with it. When he was smaller & the mattress was higher, he could reach it with his feet. He would constantly kick it to turn it on & change what song it played. Now that he's bigger, he likes to stand up & turn it on. I never stopped to think about it until this morning, but he's been standing up & turning it on during nap time. It plays. For a while. Like the batteries aren't dead. I'll be busy with something & I'll hear the faint sound of songs coming from his room. I put my ear up to his door & listen to his mobile playing entire songs. It's very strange.

7 comments:

liz said...

That mobile thing...strange. Spooky even!

I'm not sure if Logan is tiny or Henry is huge but Henry is only 7 months and weighs almost 20lbs. At his 6 month visit, he was 18 lbs, 11 oz at 27.5 inches long.

Emmakirst said...

I agree with the mobile, creepy.

I'm guessing Ava weighs about 18 lbs now and she's 6 mos. All babies are different. I think my 5 yr old was only about 15lbs at 6 mos. So that shows the variation between different kids.

I think it's great he hasn't rejected any foods yet. My daughter HATES wax beans and green beans. I just can't get her to eat those. She'll eat all the other veggies but those.

Anonymous said...

I find it amazing how different babies can be. 2 weeks ago @ Ava's 9 month visit she weighed 16 lbs, 13 oz. and was 27 1/4" tall. She STILL fits 0-3 month clothes. So crazy! But as long as she's healthy that's all I care about, and her pedi says she is!

Ashley said...

I love that first picture of Logan, it's so precious. You could use it for the GAP contest!!!

P is the same way, tall and thin. All of her pants are too short but fall off of her waist. I wish baby clothes were a little more versatile in that department.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Ah, I feel your pain about the clothes!!! Because you and I have giants for babies, the waists never fit right. LOL And I myself would never make it as a tailor soooo..LOL

Anonymous said...

How long is he, or you don't measure him? He does look tall... same as Kira, poor girl. Guess that's what happens when you have two six feet people for parents! ;)

He's such a darling though - I *love* the pictures!!

Kristin said...

We measured him this morning at 28 in.