Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sigh...
Grandma L's visit is over. Thanks to Bill's conversation with her when he picked her up from the airport, everything was bearable. He talked to her about taking Logan from me, Logans separataion anxiety & not to take over the house. He did a great job.

Logan was spoiled with shopping sprees getting new clothes, his lion halloween costume, dishes for his new foods & lots of toys. He had a good time playing & being cute. His favorite toy was the drum set, complete with a tambourine, bells & clackers. My least favorite toy was the Chicken Dance Elmo. I'm going to be sure to play that thing non-stop during their next visit. If they want to buy toys that will drive people insane, I'll make sure they get to enjoy it as well.

Grandma L & Grandpa L will be back again in about a week & a half. I think this visit coming up will be ok too. If not, I know that Bill will be there to back me up & I know I'll say something if I have to.

It was kind of interesting when Aunt Ju-Ju had a question about Baby B. Like how to wrap him up for the night, something about breast feeding, sleeping, baby poop, or whatever. I've learned to keep my mouth unless I've been asked. Aunt Ju-Ju asked Grandma L about these things & she would look up at me & say, "I don't know, ask Kristin". I'm not sure if she was being facetious or if she's accepted the fact that she gives out inaccurate, outdated advice. But, whatever.

Just like Bill said at the end of last week...when it's all said & done, here we are, just us, next to the fireplace with a couple of glasses of wine.

4 comments:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Sounds like she's trying, even if she's still annoying. Hang in there.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Great to know the visit wasn't as bad as you expected it to be. And YES! What a great idea to play the Elmo toy when they come next time!! LOL

liz said...

Awesome!

*heavy sigh of relief*

have an extra glass of wine for me! or should i have one for you?

Emmakirst said...

Glad that the visit wasn't too bad. Gotta love the in-laws. My SIL purposely buys the most annoyingly loudest toys on earth for my kids, make sure you have that one there for the next visit. ahaha, that's what i do :)