Friday, October 13, 2006

Quickly becoming a rock climber
Yesterday morning, Bill went to work & dropped Grandma L off at the hospital to hang out all day. It was awesome. I planned on making Logan a huge batch of baby food. Spaghetti squash, acorn squash, green beans, broccoli, carrots, pears, apples, green lentils, barley & chicken.

I just finished the spaghetti squash & was getting the chicken ready when I heard a loud thump & Logan wailing. I washed my hands & ran over to scoop him up for a cuddle. I looked for a bump, but really didn't see anything. Then I noticed the goose egg on his forehead. After he calmed down, I go back to baking the chicken. Right after I get it in the oven & wipe the counters down, I look over & see Logan standing on the bottom stair. That little monkey! He fell from the bottom stair!

I had to put a halt on the cooking & play stair spotter all afternoon. I called Bill at work to let him know that our son is training to climb Everest & we'll need another baby gate.

After playing on the stairs, Logan stood up hanging onto the baby gate throwing toys over & talking to Kitty. Then he pulled himself up onto the gate, trying to climb over. He actually got his feet off of the ground. He's going to keep me busy for quite a while.

So, he can climb the stairs, pull himself completely up on to the baby gate & while he nurses, he hooks his fingers into my collar bone just like a rock climbing grip. I hurts like hell. Bill & I laugh that he's training in his infancy to gear up for the "Rockin' Tot's" rock climbing class at the gym.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes it won't be long before he climbs right over the baby gate. My son did that. Logan sure likes to keep you on your toes.

Anonymous said...

Well he'll having a climbing partner in Lily. She's all about climbing the stairs, the side of her crib and she can even climb up onto the couch now!!

liz said...

Holy crap, I am SO not ready for that!

Reading this makes me so thankful we don't have any stairs in our apartment. But I have visions of Henry crawling over to the kitty litter box for a "treat" or something similar.

Logan's growing so quickly!

Also: what baby recipe books do you recommend? I have "Mommy Made (and Daddy, too)"--which I've yet to open up. But I'm just starting to think about making Henry's food.

Kristin said...

Lizzy-
I've been getting my recipies from wholesomebabyfoods.com I have a link on the side bar. This week I'm also getting the "Super Baby Foods" book that has been recommended by Reesh & Stephanie.