Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Absence makes the heart grow fonder
Next time we go on vacation & someone has to stay home, I'll need to be reminded of how much being apart is going to suck. Sleeping alone is not fun. Especially when you're not angry with each other.

Other than missing Bill, our day was pretty good. Aunt J came over again & picked us up to go shopping. We ate at The Cheesecake Factory where they brought Logan banana slices & bread to eat while we pondered our orders. This vacation is the first time Logan sat in a high chair & ate from the kids menu. Today was the first time he ate bread too. He loves it.

After our lunch/dinner, we walked the mall looking for good deals. We found a really cute outfit for Logan at Gymboree that was on sale. That almost never happens. Then we went into Victoria's Secret.

Now, I have a gift certificate that I've had since March. I haven't been able to find anything that I like, or justify spending an arm & a leg on, especially when I would rather use that money to buy something for Logan. Then there's the whole identity crisis that happens when you become a Mother. I was telling Aunt J that getting something other than underwear just seemed silly now. I've walked out of the store on two separate occasions, almost in tears, because of these two issues.

Aunt J pushed Logan in the stroller while I browsed around. We walked by their Italian line & noticed the 40% off sign. And there it was. Something nice, not that pink & black crap that would make me feel silly & they had my size. This almost never happens. This time I almost walked out of the store in tears because I was so happy. It's kind of ridiculous, but it really made my day.

We came back to Aunt R's place & Logan was super hyper-active boy. He crawled around everywhere, chasing the cat & dog, getting into everything. It was like he just a a big cup o' joe. Aunt J & Aunt R had a good time laughing at his craziness.

1 comment:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Missing daddy sucks. Glad the holiday was fun anyway.