Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New family, another fork in the road & fun with friends
This morning at 6 am, I just finished nursing Logan & got back into bed. Then I heard my phone ring. I got a text from my sister, Logan's Aunt R that her water broke & that Baby M would be born today. 3 weeks early. Then she called saying that everything was OK, but her blood pressure was a little high.

The rest of the morning was spent text messaging Aunt R, Aunt J & phone calls with my Dad too. It was pretty busy. Then in the early afternoon, Aunt R calls me, all out of sorts, trying to explain that things didn't go as planned. She had to have an emergency C-section. She said she was OK, just really sore & that the baby was OK. Because she wasn't quite back to planet Earth, I didn't get much more than that. She called again a little while later, not remembering the first call, but confirmed that everyone was OK. Her blood pressure was high & Baby M's heart rate dropped & they had to get her out fast. I totally forgot to ask about how big she was because Aunt R was still kind of groggy.

Logan & I dropped Bill off at work so we could take the car for our playgroup date this afternoon. We were almost home when Bill called me telling me that he needed us to turn back around. He had been let go. Apparently, somebody had a personal problem working with him. Bill was hired to make this person actually work & get off her high horse. Give her some competition. Well, we guess she didn't like it too much & complained. The manager buckled. So even though Bill's performance was awesome, they've had record breaking numbers every month since he's been there & he's implemented all sorts of changes to be more efficient & productive, they still let him go. They suck.

Surprisingly, we aren't too stressed about it. Bill has a plan of action & we've been doing OK with our savings. We've been through it before, so we'll get through it again.

Needless to say, I really didn't feel like going to our playgroup today. Bill insisted that we still go. After dropping him back off at home & grabbing a quick bite to eat, Logan & I rushed back out the door. I was really glad we went. We had such a good time. It only took Logan a few minutes to adjust to all of the activity & then he was all over the place. He made lots of friends, all girls of course. One girl kept taking his binky out & putting it back in his mouth. It was so cute. He got tired a few times, but never fussed about it, so we stuck around for the full two hours. It was great.

It's been one whirl wind of a crazy day, that's for sure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your neice, and Logan's new little cousin. I'm really sorry to hear about Bill, but glad things seem to be okay. I'm sure everything will work itself out great.. being let-go stinks!

The play group sounds great. And maybe now that I've been let-go, I can give it a shot with Ava as well. She looooves being with other kids.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new niece. I'm sorry about Bill losing his job, but it's their loss and hopefully he'll find something even better.

I'm glad you guys had fun at the playgroup.

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours, huh? Here's hoping things turn around soon!

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Bill lost his job! But, this gives him a chance now to find something even better. I wish you guys the best of luck!!
But on a really great note (such a mixture of good and bad today huh?) congratulations on your healthy neice! That's awesome! And it's good that you and Logan got out for a while today to play. And especially now that he is confirmed a true flirt. LOL!

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Congrats on your new niece. Must be nice to have a girl to spoil butat the same time not have to be the one buying all her clothes!!

And good luck to Bill--I know with his positive attitude and obvious talent for his job, he'll do fine, but it's always freaky to make the transition.

liz said...

Congratulations on your new baby niece! And I'm really sorry to hear about Bill's job. That's really boo--stupid job. But it's great to hear that you're both optimistic and I'm sure it will all work itself out.
Glad to hear that playgroup was a success!