Saturday, November 25, 2006

Home again, home again
It feels good to be home. To be sleeping in my own bed. To be next to Bill. To have Kitty snuggled up. Logan & I had a great time on vacation, but it always feels so good to be home.

Logan's first Thanksgiving was great. Uncle K made a great dinner. His turkey was so moist & juicy & just so good. I was going to hold Logan on my lap to feed him, but them Aunt R mentioned that we could put a towel on the floor & Logan could feed himself. That was an excellent idea. I got Logan's plate made up with sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, dinner roll & turkey. He went to town & loved it. He even tried to feed the cat & dog too.
After dinner we vegged out watching TV & taking pictures. I tired to get pictures of Logan & Baby M, but I think Aunt R got some better ones. Aunt J took a lot too, but they're all on her camera phone. We had fun just hanging out as a family & playing with our babies.
On Friday, Aunt J took us out & about again. We started our day with crepes for breakfast. They were so good. Crepes are one of my favorites & we don't have them here in town. Logan was good & ate a bagel with cream cheese. He was such a little flirt too. There were two blond girls sitting behind him in his stroller. He would take a bite & then turn around to look at them & smile, with cream cheese all over his mouth. Then he would play peek-a-boo with them. They got a kick out of that. So did we.

After breakfast we went downtown to do some after Thanksgiving shopping. We found some Christmas presents for Logan & battled the holiday crowds. We went out for lunch where Logan did his little antics again, making friends where ever he goes.

We then said our good-byes to Aunt R, Uncle K & Baby M, then Aunt J took us to the airport. We got there really early because I thought it was going to be a mad house. It was practically empty. We hung out for a bit & then Logan & I headed through security. We ate dinner & waited to board the plane.

The trip back was a little stressful. Logan was not a happy camper. He was tired & got another cold that morning. Fortunately we were smart & packed some medicine. He fussed & cried & screamed at the top of his lungs while we waited. I could tell that the rest of the passengers were thinking "I hope this doesn't go on for the whole flight". After his meltdown, we boarded & got settled in. He had a couple more episodes, but I didn't feel that stressed about it because there were a few other families with screaming children.

Overall, it was a great week. It was nice to see my sisters again, introduce them to Logan & meet Baby M while she was still so small. We had a lot of fun.

6 comments:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Pictures, pictures, we want pictures!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

welcome home!

can't wait to see pictures. i love that you just sat logan down to eat his own dinner!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice time with family..

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm glad you guys had such a great time. I *love* the pictures - he's SUCH a gorgeous little guy!! You're so lucky that he eats off a plate - we try with Kira all the time and the food goes everywhere all over the floor. :\ Towel isn't big enough for us; we need a tarp.

Anonymous said...

He's so cute.. I really see him looking more and more like Bill. I love his PJ's!

I'm jealous too that Logan eats off of a plate. If it isn't crackers, fruit puffs or apple wheels Ava will throw it right off her highchair and have nothing to do with it unless I feed it to her (sigh).