Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vacation post
Yesterday morning, we got up practically in the middle of the night to drive to the airport. Logan stayed in his PJ's. Traveling wasn't that bad. It was kind of a pain going through airport security, but there were a few people who helped me collapse the stroller & get our bags through the xray. There was another man on the flight who helped me get our carry-on on & off the plane. He mentioned that he had a two year old & his wife often traveled alone, so he knew what a pain it was. It was really nice to have this help.

Logan was pretty good on the flight. However, next time we fly, he's going to have his own seat. He was a wiggle worm. He fussed only a bit & I nursed him without any problems. I'm glad we had such an early flight because he slept for most of it.

He was a bit grumpy for the rest of the day because his schedule was all out of wack & he didn't have much of an appetite. We got to Aunt R's house & Logan was so excited to play with their cat & dog. The dog kind of freaked him out a bit because he has a million times more energy than Buddha, but he got used to it & crawled around after them. All day long. He had a good time.

We met Baby M too. She's relly cute & tiny. It's crazy to try & remember that Logan was that small at one time. Well, she's a tad smaller. She was born a little more than 4 pounds. Seeing the two of them together, it really hit me that Logan is almost a toddler. Not so much a baby anymore. That & his temper tantrums. Wow.

We hung out for the rest of the day yesterday & today I took Logan for about a 2 hour stroller walk (because I got lost). Aunt J came over & took us out to an early dinner. We did a little shopping (or browsing) & laughed at Logan singing at the top of his lungs in the stores. She also thinks that Logan sounds like an owl, hooting all of the time.

Our vacation has been really good so far. I really miss Oregon. A lot. Plus, it's been nice to have my sisters finally meet Logan & see his cuteness up close & personal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're having a nice time. It's hard sometimes to relax when you're out of your day-to-day environment.

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Yeah, Oregon is awesome. My dad lives in Portland and I got to visit him twice. I didn't want to leave. lol

Anonymous said...

There's so much to be thankful for this year.
But most importantly: family.