Tuesday, November 14, 2006

This was a little gross
This morning Logan & I went to the Moms club meeting. We sat on the floor & played with other kids while I listened about upcoming plans & events. After about an hour, Logan decides to be more adventurous & crawls away to the other side of the room (which is quite large) to follow some other kids. Then he stops. He sits still for a second. He then proceeds to puke all over the place. I'm not talking spit up here. This was projectile. Not once, but three times.

"Oh no!", I gasp & jump up from the floor to go grab him. I swoop him up & out of the room, making a mad dash to the restroom to clean him up & move him away from the other kids, just in case there was more to come.

While we were in there, he seemed fine. No more purging. In the process of getting him out of there, I forgot the diaper bag. We went back to go get it while one of the Moms met me in the hallway asking which bag was ours. I forgot to pack a pair of pants, but fortunately had a onesie.

Back in the room, the Moms had blocked off the spots where Logan lost his breakfast. They said that they were going to get a carpet cleaner in there & to not worry about it. They had it taken care of. They were all very nice, asking if we needed anything, offering their babies clothes, blankets & plastic bags to put his dirty clothes in. They also assured me that this has happened before.

I thanked them for all of their help, gathered out things & said our good-byes. I didn't want to keep Logan around, just in case he was going to get sick again. I got him in his car seat wearing a short sleeved onesie, a winter hat & wrapped in a blanket. I cranked up the heat in the car & we went home.

Bill kind of laughed at how he was dressed when we walked in the door & I told him what had happened. Even while dressed funny, Logan still is adorable. He took his nap & hasn't been sick since. I guess this was a random act of upset stomach. He's been eating fine, playing in the living room with Bill & watching me make cookies.

It's kind of funny being a Mom. I used to get sick at just the site of puke. Today however, it didn't even phase me. It's like it wasn't even there. I didn't bother me that I had it all over me either. I'm just glad that Logan isn't very sick.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how that happens? I hope Logan continues to feel better.

Anonymous said...

okay, i just tried to post this, but...

anyhoo:

i'm glad that logan's not still sick--that this was a seemingly isolated event.

it is amazing how our tolerance for bodily functions goes up when we become mothers.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Poor little man! I'm picturing him sitting there (after the puking incident) looking like nothing ever even happened. It's great to know he's not sick. And I was wondering how I would handle seeing actual puke spewing from my child (hasn't happened yet..*crossing fingers*). Thanks for letting us know that we can block out the grossness when it does happen. lol Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!

You know, the vomit and such doesn't really bother me. But my DH didn't get that ability, and more than once I've returned home to a mess of one sort or another on the carpet, covered over with a towel and waiting for me to clean.

Emmakirst said...

Awww, poor little guy. I hope he doesn't end up sick again.

I am amazed at what I can tolerate now. Before the slightest hint of vomit and other bodily excretions,(lol) made me nauseated. Funny what we can get used to :)

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!! I'm so glad he's doing better.