Sunday, November 26, 2006

I love this time of the year
Other than Halloween, Christmas is my next favorite holiday. I don't know what it is; the holiday feeling, the lights, the smells, warm fires, Christmas carols; it's just a great time of year.

I've spent the morning cleaning the house (our vacuum cleaner broke before I left) & had Bill pull down the holiday decorations from the garage. I've been playing Christmas music all day & getting the house full of that holiday feeling.

This year feels a little different too. It feels a little more special than Christmases of the past. I think this year being Logan's first Christmas makes it feel that way. I am so excited to pass down & create our own traditions & watch him open his first presents. I've been on the hunt for a first Christmas ornament, but I can't find one that I like. I may have to make it.

Then there's the shopping. Oh, my. I don't typically like to shop with the masses, but this year I would be willing to brave crowds, insanity, rain, wind, sleet, snow & enjoy it because I'm getting Christmas presents for Logan. It's so exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas, too. The boys' first Christmas's were so much fun. And now, well, watching them rip into a package to discover something they've wanted and wanted is a feeling so good it's nearly impossible to describe.

Anonymous said...

For me, typically, Christmas is my least favorite holiday.
But I'm hoping that with Henry, I'll come to enjoy the holiday again.
I do love the lights and smells, though. And pajama rides!

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

We had to do a tabletop tree last year since Crawling One was all over the place, but it was still totally magical to experience that first Christmas. And you know what? This year it's EVEN better! Every morning since Friday, D gets up and says "Hi Chrimmus tree!" How freaking cute is that?